Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
    Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2012

Default Re: Why complaint procedures have so many stages?

Please try your student union.
    This is where their expertise lies.
    I think you need to be able to discuss your exact situation in confidenceicon;
    no one here will be able to help based on generalisations like those presented.

So please do go and talk to someone at your student union for help.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder sgtbush Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2012

It does comply.
    They say under exceptional circumstances they can drop it to 2
    A member of staff leaving and not being replaced is exceptional.

This post is quickly going down the route of your others.
    I ask adminicon to lock it before I becomes convoluted

Basic Account Holder resources Novitiate

Cagger since : Jun 2013

Sangie595 says

“- but the employer can slip up to more serious stages of outcomes if they wish to.

Emmzzi is correct that you are posting in the wrong place,”

I would like to reply that it is not a private employer which does what he wants but a public body which has to comply with its public duty to act in the interest of the public by complying with the three stages of its complaint procedure. Moreover I have not posted in the wrong place it is someone in the forum who has moved my new threadicon from the student section to the employment section

Emmzzi says

“Please try your student union.
    This is where their expertise lies.”

I have already talked to the Student Union which told me that the complaint procedure has three stages and not only two and that they do not have the power to force my educational institution to comply with the three stages of the complaint procedure if it does not want

Sgtbush says

“It does comply.
    They say under exceptional circumstances they can drop it to 2
    A member of staff leaving and not being replaced is exceptional”

However the complaint procedure does not make any reference to exceptional circumstances which allow my educational institution to drop one of the three stages of the complaint procedure.

I think that my educational institution is simply wrong and I would like to be able to make it understand

Site Team steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2012

It is pretty common to have a three stage appeals procedure. Most councils have this. It is also similar to how the courts work - appeal from the county courticon to the High Court to the Court of Appeal to the Supreme Court.

It is also pretty usual for later stages in the appeals process to only be about the original complaint. Often you can't raise new evidence. Your evidence should have been in the original complaint and available to the initial decision makers, not introduced half way through the process.

It does not sound like you have a firm basis for making the educational institution do anything. Complaints procedures usually do not have legal force and cannot be legally enforced. You certainly can't force an educational institution to "reply" to evidence.

Either you have a legal claim or you do not - a complaints procedure doesn't change that.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder resources Novitiate

Cagger since : Jun 2013

I was not able to put forward my new evidence during my initial complaint because it was concealed from me by my educational institution and I have to make a Freedom of Informationicon request to have it.

It is why I think that it will be good to have my complaint processed through the three stages and not only two to have this clarified and this is the reason why my educational institution does not want.

The issue is not to force my educational institution to do anything that it does not want but to make it understand that it is in its own interest to comply with its own complaint procedure to avoid further complaint to the OIA or litigation

Site Team stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2010

Couple of links:

Setting up an academies complaints procedure: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ints-procedure

School complaints procedures: guidance for schools: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nts-procedures

Office of the Independent Adjudicator: http://www.oiahe.org.uk/

Department for Education: https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...-for-education

Education Act 2011: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...ntents/enacted

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

How to Start Your Own Thread **CLICK HERE**

Credit Reference Agencies: Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.
    If you wish to check my advice please seek other independent/professional sources.

Be assured that our advice and support is FREE on CAG.

Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2012

Quote Originally Posted by resources View Post
    The issue is not to force my educational institution to do anything that it does not want but to make it understand that it is in its own interest to comply with its own complaint procedure to avoid further complaint to the OIA or litigation

The most effective way to make it realise that is for it to have to go through the OIA or litgation, so I'd get a deadlock lettericon or whatever they call them asap and just get on with it. They have made their position clear. no amount of epic letter writing or whining will change their mind; only action.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Thread moved to the Students forum.

HB

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder sgtbush Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2012

Oh jeeeeeze.....
    I'm reply to your reply,
    You possted the statement on exceptional circumstances to which I elaborated...
    Please adminicon, lock this post out

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

the complaint here seems to be (let us take an old fashioned industrial setting as an example) that the shop manager said no to somehting and he is complaining that the foremen wasnt allowed to say no first.

The factory manager also said no
    so the end result will always be the same regardless of the opinion of the foreman.

He makes it clear there is no argument about the facts of the matter,
    just hoping that some pettifogging will somehow allow the institution to be forced to award him his degree that he hasnt passed.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details