style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend is in rent arrears but is paying them off

her housing association has served her with a Notice of Seeking Possession and now she has received a letter to attend court.

The letter outlines the amount of rent to be paid weekly and their desired outcome is Eviction.

Her current arrears is £1800 but she is paying this off weekly however as she is self-employed there are times when she is unable to pay anything.

My friend is very worried about what will happen and wonders whether she is able to make an agreement at court or will it be straight eviction.

She does intend to pay off alot of this before the hearing but is still worried.

As I have never been through this process I cannot advice her.

Any advice please ??

what is the exact reason shes going there? have they given her notice under section 21 etc?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

My friend rents a home from a Housing Association and has lived there for 12 years. She was served with a Notice of Seeking Possession first and made arrangements to pay off the arrears. Unfortunately she fell behind due to the nature of her work and being self-employed. She then received a letter to attend court today.

Your friend failed to maintain her agreed payment arrangement. The LL could now require immediate repayment of outstanding arrears. Repossession is the option the HA appears to have chosen, to offer the place to another Tenant. If evicted your friend could rent from a Private LL, subject to credit refs etc at a lower rent.

We cannot advise if eviction is imminently likely until we know whether she received a s21 or s8 +grounds Notice, but she should attend the hearing and put her case to the Judge.

Thank you for the comments. I asked my friends what forms she received. She received a Notice of Seeking Possession S83 however she did not receive a s21 or s8. The court form is Form N5B Claim form for possession of property (accelerated procedure), (assured shorthold tenancy). The reason given is rent arrears. My friends hearing is on 24th September however she is planning to pay of the areas or the majority within the next 2 weeks and estimated that the balance would be around £400 outstanding at the time of the court hearing. Would she still be evicted if she continues to repay this or if she agrees to a payment plan in court or would they go ahead with eviction?

Its up to the landlord if they want to go for possession, even after arrears are paid. Providing they have followed the correct procedure, then they are well within their rights to go for it.

You need to provide a solid timeline of events. Perhaps get your friend to register here, as we need concrete info to advise. Not just third party comments ( no offense), or "what if's and maybe's"

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D