Landlord taken my stuff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon I need some urgent advise.

Changing lives has theft a bbq off me which was in the garden I reckon out of spite.

They claimed they have taken it for heath and safety and disposed of it without warning.

however I have pointed out that they thrown tennabrs stuff out on the streets and left it there

theys stuff on the roof of a old backdoor toilet and right at the back of the garden theres old boilers broken wood paint which is a heath and safety issue they aint addressed.

There also rats in the house they aint addressed and I fell builled and intimated by them.

They enter my room and seached through papperwork.

I have been made aware that one person in the house said that one person said oh look we have that

what advise do you give

I live in a hostel ran by changing lives.

The hostel is in poor condition with rats and in the garden

there is old boiler broken wood and looks like a tip.

Landlord refuses to deal with it.

However last week the landlord kicked someone out and threw all of this stuff in the front garden and just left it there. Its been there for two weeks and blocks a window.

However I went out tuesday and I have a brand new bbq in the garden.

All covered up doing no harm.

This is when the events turn as im leaving monday I was packing up wedensday and the bbq was missing

I rang them up and they laughed down the phone and said we dont have the bbq

I called the police and reported the theft.

I then get a call from police saying they took it and destroyed it for heath and safety.

However I said so you dont deal with the rats

you dont deal with the rubbish and tripping hazards but you get rid of a bbq.

Today I been made aware that someone from the landlords office come up and they overheard that they took it and said we take that

Police claim it a civil matter I claim its theft.

I have taken pictures of the garden front and back to prove it was not a heath and safety matter it was a matter of spite.

I only have £5 arrears but they own me £50 on monday when I leave

King, if you don't have any useful advice, please refrain from posting

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

King, if you don't have any useful advice, please refrain from posting

Sir, I did have useful advice: I said to the op to forget about the BBQ and the £50.

In my opinion this would prevent frustration, anger, lost hours on the phone and writing letters and a few days of life shortened by heart pressure raising.

If you think that it's worth to fight a lost battle, please advise accordingly.

Are you a police officer?

Don't you like hearing the truth about the favourite police punchline "civil matter"?

Plenty of stories on all forums online.

I am the first to always try to get justice, but how do you get a thief charged with theft if there are no evidence of such offence being committed by an individual?

If you think that it's worth to fight a lost battle, please advise accordingly.

The idea of forums like these is to support those who are prepared to assert their rights even if success is unlikely.

The police should not be allowed to downgrade theft to a "civil matter" to meet political targets and because they don't think they will find the thief.

The idea of forums like these is to support those who are prepared to assert their rights even if success is unlikely.

The police should not be allowed to downgrade theft to a "civil matter" to meet political targets and because they don't think they will find the thief.

I agree fully, but the reality is very much different from utopian worlds.

It's a fact that most crimes are now downgraded to "civil matters" even when they are clear cut, there's nothing we can do about it.

As said, I try to get justice with all my strength, but I've come to the conclusion that sometimes justice cannot be done because the justice system doesn't work as intended.

the problem with the accusation of theft is INTENT. The recourse here is a civil action as a common law tort- put simply they did you a wrong. They cant quote health and safety because it isnt a metter that is covered by H&S law. The landord could argue that it being a gas barbeque that the gas cylinders presented a risk to others BUT they should be forced to show the OP their risk assessment and decision making paperwork. If a charcoal one it cannot present a risk to anyone.

The real problem as I see it will be the OP's access to justice. Unless someone is able to sit with them and write letters and fill out forms they will get nowhere.

Let us know where you live as far as town/Changing Lives region and I'm sure that someone will be able to offer something to assist

They can claim health and safety for anything.

In this case the just need to say that the BBQ constitute a tripping hazard, they contacted the op but the op did not remove it, so they did.

Nothing different can be proved.

Health and safety is the biggest problem for the normal citizens ever invented.

All companies use health and safety to abuse their power, steal, destroy, appropriate illegally and if you read my latest thread, to evict people from their own property.

These bandits are supported by the weak justice system we have and moreover by the police which, stretched to the limit, cannot waste time on a £50 BBQ, so they use their favourite punch line "civil matter".

I found that shaming them on social media gets a reaction, but not justice.

They can claim health and safety for anything.

Health and safety is the biggest problem for the normal citizens ever invented.

Appropriate H&S has saved thousands of normal citizens' lives and limbs.

The OP has said that he was not informed of any issues and has hinted that he believes it was stolen, and that the H&S wheeze is being used as a cover-up.

Appropriate H&S has saved thousands of normal citizens' lives and limbs.

The OP has said that he was not informed of any issues and has hinted that he believes it was stolen, and that the H&S wheeze is being used as a cover-up.

Exactly!

And there's nothing the op can do about it other than keep on bothering the LL until they get fed up and pay for the BBQ, if ever.