CEL ANPR PCN - wrong reg number used

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a PCN through the post (arrived today) for an offence committed on 29th July.

I lent my car to my Mum for a weekend so she was the driver not me.

She insists she paid but as it was a machine that asks for your registration she may well have entered it incorrectly,

Im wondering if I can appeal on the grounds that the PCN wasn't issued until 15th August (17 days later) as stated on the letter.

Can anyone advise please?

Further details below...

1 Date of the infringement 29th July

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 15th August

3 Date received 17th August

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes, of her driving in and out of the car park. Total stay 1hr 2 mins.

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up you appeal] Not yet

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? Civil Enforcement Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Custom House Quay, Falmouth in a Tesco car park I believe.

They're out of time

And just because she entered the wrong reg doesn't mean they can fry and fleece her

Numerous threads here on wrong reg number input

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok thanks. In my email to them should I just state that it was issued outside of the 14 days or also state that there is no mention of schedule 4?

Also, as the letter only says 'payment not made in accordance with terms displayed on signage' I can't actually be sure if it is an incorrect reg or if she potentially overstayed.

No

Don't waste money

2nd class with free proof of posting is all you need

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

NEVER email a parking co.

CEL are the biggest crooks going

( ask Trading Standards rather than just taking my word for it)

so dont be in a hurry to do anything at the moment.

If the car park is local to you it would be worth getting some pictures of the signs there and also the conditions written on the payment machine.

As already said, they are timed out to claim any keeper liability

they have committed a brerach of their KADOE contract obtaining your data and you may sue them for damages for doing so.

Before considering doing that it would be wise to ask the DVLA who and when your data was accessed and then make a complaint that as CEL were out of tie requesting it they had no reasonable cause to do so and what are the DVLA going to do about CEL's breach and why have the DVLA allow them access to your data and failed to keep it secure. You will get a stock response but they may sanction CEL by banning them from using the data for a while.

In the meanwhile dont contact CEL at all,

let them waste their time writing letters until you have all of the info needed to give them a good hiding

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.