I had a car accident in December 2016 -Seem to have 2 solicitors

brickwall1958
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a car accident in December 2016 and a solicitor e-mailed me and started work in January 2017 but hasn't done much.

I didn't realise but another solicitor seems to have started work on this case in May 2017 and have done a lot more than the first.

I hadn't even realised that this second solicitor was different and have just answered them (all done on e-mail) and gone to the physiotherapy and psychotherapist organised by them.

The first one has now been back in touch and its just clicked that there are 2 doing the same case.

Please can anyone give me advice on what to do.

Thanks so much.

Hi,

the second employer just started e-mailing and asking me to e-mail back some details.

I have signed stuff to the 2nd company as they have worked much quicker and harder.

The 1st company has just come back on the scene.

Don't think I have signed letters of engagement.

No excuse for not realising I know but I'm a busy driving instructor and just look at my e-mails when I come in at night and answer them also its not always the same person who sends an e-mail and I just did not realise these were from different companies.

Hi, the second employer just started e-mailing

Employer?

and asking me to e-mail back some details. I have signed stuff to the 2nd company as they have worked much quicker and harder.

Hang on! I thought you were saying it was because you didn't realise they were a different firm.

Yet you hadn't signed stuff for the first firm, and the 2nd behaved in a different way.

What fee arrangements have been agreed with each?

This, too may influence things.

You need to get your story straight & stick to it, or they'll have you on the hook for 2 sets of fees, at least for the work each has done up until now.

The 1st company has just come back on the scene. Don't think I have signed letters of engagement. No excuse for not realising I know but I'm a busy driving instructor and just look at my e-mails when I come in at night and answer them also its not always the same person who sends an e-mail and I just did not realise these were from different companies.

Well the stuff I signed wasn't initial stuff for the 2nd company,

they have moved quick and got a settlement amount already and I have signed documents regarding that.

Sorry I sound a bit dim but it didn't enter my head that 2 companies would do this,

I hadn't contacted either of them myself.

Appreciate the feedback, thanks.

Thanks for replies. Trying to look back and see what was signed. Have told them both that there are 2 of them and told the first one that it is better I carry on with the second as they have arranged physio and another doctor so think I would be further in with them. Have to be honest and stop any further work being done.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone help as to the situation, should the second solicitor have checked we weren't being represented by anyone else.

Have told both solicitors we inadvertently have both acting for us and the first solicitor has hit us with a £2,700 bill.

We haven't ever done this before and our inexperience has cost us all the money.

Different people e-mail all the time, we have had 7 different people e-mailing from both firms and it is hard to know who is who.

Any input would be so appreciated.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

How did you end up with two different firms of solicitors working on the same case?

I think we would need to know how this happened in order to understand whether you have to pay this bill or not.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Can anyone help as to the situation, should the second solicitor have checked we weren't being represented by anyone else. Have told both solicitors we inadvertently have both acting for us and the first solicitor has hit us with a £2,700 bill. We haven't ever done this before and our inexperience has cost us all the money. Different people e-mail all the time, we have had 7 different people e-mailing from both firms and it is hard to know who is who. Any input would be so appreciated.

Checked how? There is no central database to look it up on.

It was your responsibility to check before instructing a new firm of solicitors.

• dx100uk changed the title to I had a car accident in December 2016 -Seem to have 2 solicitors