Confused and frustrated!!!!

Jenhj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received ESA in the Support Group for 2 years until this week I had a letter saying that follwing a WCA in May I would no longer be paid ESA. I immediately wrote a letter asking for my claim to be reconsidered as comments made from my assessment were not exactly accurate.

I contacted the department and asked what was the next step. I was advised to claim either JSA or Universal Credit. I have spent many hours trying to do just that. All automated lines tell me to claim online, JSA results in a message that if I have had an ESA during the last calendar month to claim universal credit. Attempting this results in a message saying I do not qualify, could this be due to my age?

I am 63 and the only question I answer no to online is am I between 18 and 60 years 6 months old?

Whichever way I attempt to contact someone to actually speak to I get directed to online. I would be so grateful if anyone could tell me where I go from here.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Obvious question here is did you have a WCA in May?

If so when were you informed of that decision?

If you have an active award for PIP or DLA claiming Universal Credit removes all your disability premiums - EDP/SDP even JSA has a £15 disability premium. UC has non by design so..... If you can avoid Universal Credit until you are forced on to it it's an extra £55-£70 a week you'll get (see FTT acceptance below).

Depends on what level of Universal Credit roll out area you live in but........

After your mandy (mandatory reconsideration is rejected) once your appeal is accepted by the FTT (First Teir Tribunal) you will get assessment rate ESA (same payment as JSA) - what group you were in premium + any disability premiums for the whole period from the date of your ESA decision until present day.

Also if you're claiming any Council benefits also inform them!

If you need to claim old style JSA then consult the Riughtsnet Discussion forum for how to do that as...... its not very easy to do...

I refused to make a UC claim and lived off DLA for 6 months until my formal appeal was accepted by the FTT! As soon as my appeal was accepted by the FTT I received 6 months of ESA (assessment rate) + my DLA SDP premiums. So £55 a week disability premium (SDP) I would not have gotten if I'd claimed Universal Credit!