• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MMF adding £328 to the alleged Mr Lender debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And there we go. The oldest trick in the book. Throw on bogus charges and interest and hope people blindly pay. Then when called out on It, remove it all and make it look like you're doing them.a.favour.

Mmf were reprimanded for this before. Looks like Mr lender and mmf are in it together.

Something smells fishy

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ dx, so you think there are more charges added to this account? I sent out CCA request last week to MMF and I wan't to see what is in there. Its huge balance reduction from 787 to 292.

well yes I think I will enter into agreement with MMF if this is still enforceable as I know, loans need to pay off.

Again, I feel so stupid and shame on me that I put myself in spin of PDL. But I was taking selfishly one to cover other loans.

@ renegadeimp, I agree and starting up complaints has resolved some of my issues, but you think there is some doggy business going here?

Its PDL's and MMF. Guarantee theres dodgy business going on. Why do you think theyve removed all the bogus stuff the second you challenged them on it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

And just like that.

If you are stating that the loan was unaffordable, as a gesture of goodwill Mr Lender are able to support you by requesting for MMF to reduce your balance to the capital remaining left to pay of £292.50. This will mean you wont pay any interest on your loan.

They are not obliged to do this, but shows that they are in the wrong with this one. If they had concrete evidence to go on then this would have gone further by now!

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Folks,

Some latest updates. Mr Lender contacted me already and I had already left this update some time ago.

Here is what they said.

"Mr Lender are able to support you by requesting for MMF to reduce your balance to the capital remaining left to pay of £292.50. This will mean you wont pay any interest on your loan.

Once the balance has been settled then we can also remove any adverse information from your credit file as a further gesture of goodwill"

However I was chasing still MMF on accounts for: CFO Lending and other PDL as:

Quick Quid

Pounds Till Payday

Speed Loan

This morning MMF kindly replied to me:

Mr....

I have provided a response to your queries, individually, below:

Pounds Till Payday

Please accept our apologies, the default date should have read 30/05/2008.

Quick Quid

We can confirm that this debt is now statute barred under Limitation Act 1980, and as such, the remaining balance of £987.00 has been written off.

Speed Loan

We can confirm that when purchasing the debt from Speed Loan, we were not aware whether a default had been accurately registered on your credit file. MMF have therefore not reported any information about this with the Credit Reference Agencies.

We have received your letter dated 29 August 2017 and can confirm that your request is currently being processed by our Customer Support Department. You should receive further information in due course. If you need to contact us in the meantime, please feel free to email.

Kind Regards

MMF

So lets see responses from MMF as I emailed them back:

Thank you for prompt response with regards to my concerns about Quick Quid as well with Pounds Till Payday.

I also understand the Pounds Till Payday is now statute barred under Limitation Act 1980, as the default date according to yuor records is 30/08/2008 and as such, any of the remaining balance will be written off.

Please confirm.

I will look forward on more details about Speed Loan.

Kind regards,

xxxx

Well done!!

Ruddy MMF placing fake defaults needs reporting to the ICO

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

MMF got done for this a while ago, and had their wings severely clipped. As DX said, get it to the ico and FCA, so it can be added to other complaints and shown they are totally ignoring things.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Previously I was given update as following by MMF people:

I have provided a response to your queries, individually, below:

Pounds Till Payday

Please accept our apologies, the default date should have read 30/05/2008.

Quick Quid

We can confirm that this debt is now statute barredicon under Limitation Act 1980, and as such, the remaining balance of £987.00 has been written off.

Speed Loan

We can confirm that when purchasing the debt from Speed Loan, we were not aware whether a default had been accurately registered on your credit file. MMF have therefore not reported any information about this with the Credit Reference Agencies.

This morning MMF kindly replied to me:

Mr....

Thank you for your email Mr xxxxx

We can confirm that your loan with Pounds Till Payday is also statute barred under the Limitation Act 1980. The remaining balance of £212.82 has also now been written off.

In relation to Speed Loan, please can you expand on what details you are looking for so that I can send this over to you?

Kind Regards

So another PDL debt written off, however they were asking for payments. So I now need to ask them politely about SpeedLoan and my DCA request I have sent them.

Not sure why they asking such a question in relation to SpeeLoan..

Cheers,

l

Keep that letter/email. Theyre known to sell it off, even though its SB.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

More from MMF on SpeedLoan...

We can confirm that the loan with Speed Loan was taken out on 10 September 2009 and was due to be paid by 10 March 2011.

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm if Speed Loan ever defaulted your account with the Credit Reference Agencies.

If you need any further information, please feel free to email.

So they are chasing debt that is not defaulted?

means nothing to SB date...why do they think that's important?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dunno when did you last pay it?

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

More from MMF on SpeedLoan...

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We can confirm that this account is also statute barred and the balance of £948.00 has also been written off.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to email.

Kind Regards

MMF

So only 2 accounts left at the moment.

Mr Lender who 'kindly' reduced balance to £293

and CFO Loan, where I have not heard back since I sent request for CCA already.

Mr Lender - outstanding £293

CFO Loan - CCA sent, still no reply. Outstanding £405

Written off:

Quick Quid

Northway - Pounds Till Payday

Speed Loan

Well done!!

An inspiration

and they

• 2 weeks later...

well till they do they get nothing.

is it defaulted?

and they

• 2 weeks later...

I complained yesterday to MMF and here is their response:

Thank you for your email xxxx

I have reviewed the matter and can see that you have previously asked for a copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement.

I can see that we have previously acknowledged receipt of your request but cannot see that the information has been provided.

Your letter that was received on 29 August 2017 and was not deal with through our complaints procedure.

This was because this was a request for information and we identified no dissatisfaction within your letter.

I will chase up your request today to find out why this has not been provided and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

Good

and they