style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Can someone please advice. I've received this letter from Marston high court enforcement officers.

I haven't contacted the company to find out what the court order is.

I thought I would seek advice first.

This is the first letter I've received, it does say that they have sent previous letters to my previous address.

I'm not sure how true this is or if they have actually tried to contact me.

As this is the first letter I've received.

I've been living at my current address for 2 years now.

I'm baffled on why this has suddenly just appeared.

I also check my credit reports frequently to see if I have any flags, but nothing has appeared.

I'm not sure what this fine is for.

Can someone please advice on what steps I should take?

Is it possible to avoid paying this fine?

Has this affected my credit rating

, I haven't seen any marks on my credit report (I use the noodle website).

I've attached the letter I received.

Thanks

martson.jpg

phone the court and using the ref number find out whats its all about.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all,

Can someone please advice. I've received this letter from Marston high court enforcement officers.

This is the first letter I've received, it does say that they have sent previous letters to my previous address.

I've been living at my current address for 2 years now. I'm baffled on why this has suddenly just appeared.

I also check my credit reports frequently to see if I have any flags, but nothing has appeared.

I'm not sure what this fine is for.

Can someone please advice on what steps I should take?

Is it possible to avoid paying this fine?

Has this affected my credit rating. Thanks

Marston Holdings enforce many debts including judgments that have been transferred up to the High Court for enforcement. However, in this particular case, the debt appears to relate to an unpaid court fine administered by HMCTS Kent. As such, this debt is not registered with a credit reference agency and will not affect your credit rating.

It is also clear that the account has undergone 'tracing' and a new address for you has been identified. A such, a new Notice to Owner really should be sent allowing you the opportunity to discharge the debt by way of a payment arrangement. At the moment though you don't know what the debt relates to. I would suggest that you call Marston's to make enquiries (unless of course you know which Magistrate Court in Kent is likely to have been administering this matter).

Please post back as soon as you have done so.

PS: In September last year, HMCTS set up the 'historic debt team' to pursue unpaid court fines that had remained unpaid up to a period of 10 years. The trial has been so successful that it has been extended and now covers a period of up to 20 years. It may be that this fine is an 'historic' one but you will only find out by calling the court or Marston Holdings.