Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder rogers ginger Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2017

Default Link say I'm not paying BC debt , but I am!

I have a few debts left over from a marriageicon
    all of which I pay a certain amount a month to.

About 3 months ago I started getting letters off LINK saying I'd stopped my agreement with them and why wasn't I paying them?

It took me a while and several ignored letters and emails to work out it was from a Barclaycard debt
    (they must have bought it) and I had actually never stopped paying the agreed amount.

However I stopped my standing order and set up a new one
    - Informing Link by email and letter that I was doing so
    . With LINK as the company and not Barclaycard.

The link letters keep coming,
    I have double checked and I definitely AM paying them the right amount,
    all the codes and account numbers are right..
    . yet the letters demanding money each one is worded differently, keep coming.

I've had one today saying if I don't phone them to explain why I'm ignoring them and NOT paying them in 7 days they are taking me to court.

They have completely ignored every email and letter I've sent to them.

The only thing I haven't done is phone them.

I don't want to phone them, as in my experience its always a very unpleasant experience.

What should I do?

I've never experienced anything like this before - that I'm paying yet they're harassing the hell out of me. While completely ignoring any letters of emails I've sent them.

Any advice? (the Debt is 486)

thank you!

Gold Account Holder Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2008

Default Re: Link say I'm not paying, but I am!

send them a link to specsavers, non human input no doubt, if they keep pestering you then I would make a formal complaint post haste, they have a time limit to respond = never know they might give you some monies for the harassment?? sure other will respond also

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder rogers ginger Novitiate

Cagger since : Aug 2017

I've just printed off the financial Ombudsmanicon form and filled it in, though I wasn't sure if they deal with this sort of thing! You know,,, paying but being ignored.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

go read the letter PROPERLY
    it doesn't say WILL anything

why are you blindly paying a DCAicon anyway?
    they ARE NOT BAILIFFS
    and have
    NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

if its an old BC DEBT
    then odds on they don't even have the agreement to even be able to demand payment

let alone take you to court

send them a CCA Requesticon
    and cancel that flippin SO too

dx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2008

Blog Entries

Default Re: Link say I'm not paying BC debt , but I am!

Simply reciprocate Links ignorance.

Have you reclaimed everything sharklays loaded onto the account??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Site Team slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2007

Hi RG and welcome to CAGicon

We could use some more info :-

1. When was the a/c opened.

2. In whose name.

3. When did it become delinquent (you stopped paying the required amounts per the T&C's).

4. Does it show on your CRAicon files.

5. When was the a/c defaulted, if ever.

6. If you suffered penalty charges on the a/c when you first defaulted, do you have statements to show what penalty charges they made (these are reclaimable).

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2010

You're being cash cowed and theyve marked you as gullible

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details