Issue with Orange / EE / Arrow Global Ltd default stopping mortgage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Could I ask for some advice on how we should handle the following situation, that has recently cropped up.

This problem started we believe way back in 2011,

we went to the car phone warehouse to change a telephone that we had on contract with Orange.

We were told that since Orange no longer supplied mobile phone services the mobile would be registered with EE the new Orange provider.

We changed the telephone over and the assistant at car phone warehouse confirmed with Orange/EE that the old contract was now cancelled.

Then some months later Orange sent us a bill for 3 months connection charges for the old telephone,

we spoke to Orange a few times by telephone

and they finally agreed to sort the account out

and remove the charge since we no longer had that telephone.

We then moved address, although both me and my partner still had EE phones so EE had full information of all of the addresses we had occupied.

Now in 2017 my partner attempted to get a small item on credit and were shocked to find out that she had some sort of issue on her credit file,

when we look at her credit record on a free credit database service,

we were shocked to see that Orange had somehow and for some reason registered a debt of £125 against my partner causing issues on getting credit.

we may need to get a small mortgage soon so we were really concerned about this.

we have called EE and they quickly passed us over to Orange (although they are supposed to be the same company we thought)

The Orange contact we were given was an email only service.

The initial response we got back from them once we had highlighted it was that they could not find anything on their system to do with our account.

Also EE had said they could not see anything in their records pertaining to this debt.

We emailed Orange a second time and told them to look harder since it appeared that Clear score had something registered against my partner for, a mobile phone issue.

after taking her d.o.b etc they looked again and this time they found something but could not be specific about when it occurred?

At first they telephoned my partner and said said the issue occurred in 2011, at an address which we did live at in 2011,

then when she advised them that we did not owe the money since it was from an old mobile that had been transferred by them to EE, and that the debt should have expired anyway since it was 6 years ago.

The person at Orange then emailed her to inform her that the issue occurred in 2014 (he had appeared to change his mind?)

but that the address it occurred at was the old address

(we did not reside at this address in 2014).

they advised us that they could do nothing about the issue and that we would have to speak to EE customer service,

we again spoke to EE customer service who again told us they could do nothing since it was with Orange Credit team ??

We emailed the Orange credit team yet again and they said that the debt had been passed to a DCA, and asked us if we had received any letters from said DCA (Arrow Global Limited).

We advised EE that we were extremely disappointed and that we want them to escalate it,

we have heard nothing yet and now we are considering what actions to take moving forward.

We have not communicated with the DCA since we have no contract with them and don't want to put ourselves in any situation that means we are in contract with them.

Could anyone give us some advice on how we could/should proceed with this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

John.

send EE an sar.

get all the info.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...