o2 failing to unlock my phone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was in a pay monthly contract with o2, had a balance of around £250 remaining which i paid off in full to leave them to another provider. I asked for an unlatching code back in July, which it was sent within a day but the code did not work. I've now gone through about 4 of these requests with them and each time i was told to wait 7 days, only to have the same code sent out to me.

After all this time they're telling me the only options are now to go to a side street shop and have it unlocked (they will compensate the costs but the manager at the end said we never advice customers to use these shops for many reasons) or i have to wait again to see if there is anything else that can be done. Out of interest and proper principals i chose to wait a few days longer to see what they will say.

I'm not comfortable in using services outside the network provider. o2 have inconvenienced me in so many ways, i can't afford to go out and buy a new phone and my business relies heavily on data and need to always be reached.

I have a feeling that o2 will just brush this off and leave me no option but to get it unlocked elsewhere.

As the network provider, surely that have a responsibility to get the phone unlocked and i shouldn't be asked to do any of this. What am in entitled to claim back from them? for the inconvenience and now a phone that i've got no choice but to use an o2 PAYG sim card (3GB data and 1500 minutes per month for me drains in about 2 weeks).

Thank you.

Dont Bother - SIM-unlock.net

all done online :) Ive used them MANY times before :)

Just get it unlock and complain to the CEO and send all of your correspondence that you have

Its probably the quickest way to get what you want.

What phone is it?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi Fkofilee, good afternoon

Thanks! It's a Samsung Galaxy S6.

I feel that now iv'e waited so long, it's not even about getting the phone unlocked, i want to see what they will come back with. If i simply agreed with them and go to a shop, or online now you've given that link then i wont be compensated for being given then run around all this time. I popped into an o2 store earlier and explained this all to them, the member of staff said he's only once seen this kind of problem before and o2 sent out a new phone because they couldn't unlock it.

I know this will make me sound greedy but i feel a new phone, in exchange to this one would be justified to the inconvenience they've caused and as soon as i've unlocked it by a 3rd party, o2 have wiped their hands of this huge delay.

Do you think it'll be worthwhile trying to claim back money for the increase in our house phone bill, now the o2 PAYG sim (£20 per month) i've bought and a sum for inconvenience? Appreciate that'll it be difficult to claim back on loss of business but could throw that in!

Well the that site i gave you is perfect - Just get it unlocked and deal with the consequences after. If O2 dont play ball

ITLL BE SMALLS CLAIM TIME :)

They wont give you a new handset... Well maybe as a GWG but id suspect it would have to be exceptional for them to do so.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

A caveat : either O2 are trying the 'wrong' IMEI in the unlock code database, or there is a 'glitch', and the code in the database is wrong.

With the latter, the code from the 3rd party unlocker should be the same as the one O2 has provided (and then the fault would be with Samsung ......).

There is a third possibility if the phone wasn't bought from new : Previous owner may have tried a wrong code too many times, and permanently locked ir (preventing a future network unlock).

So as BazzaS has correctly pointed out, i spoke to a 3rd party unlocker to be told that if o2 have already issued the code that didn't work, they most likely wouldn't be able to give one that does and will just prolong my wait. I feel as this is a way for o2 to wipe their hands of it so if i were to get a code and entered it, o2 will then say it's got nothing to do with them and that i'll have to go directly to Samsung.

This morning i was surprised to see an email from o2 with a new unlatching code but to no shock, it didn't work. Telephoned them straight away and spent a total of 3 hours on the phone, majority of the time waiting for a manager / supervisor to become available, i tried to get higher in terms of the manager rankings but failed massively, i was told that the other managers above them do not have lines to chat directly with customers, which i think is a load of crap! I was advised about a week ago that the problem had escalated to a department called the "A-Team" who i quote is "the holy grail of customer service" of whom will sort this problem out...but the manager said exactly the same thing today as last week, perhaps not reading the notes that i was already passed over to them.

The current status is that i've been advised to email a complaints liaison team but they'll acknowledge problems in 7 working days and may take 5 working days to respond. Totally Unacceptable.

What rights do i have here, do i need to keep waiting or should i start threatening them with a small claims? I am really losing my patience have been massively inconvenienced which can be proved financially.