Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Kellyj2 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2017

Default Cabot/Restons claimform - Credit Card debt -2yrs stayed claim now threat to lift with SJ

Dear All
    Almost two years ago received a claim from Restons for 2,500 but with no details.
    Filed defence requesting details of claim and made a CCA Requesticon.

Cabot didn't come back until a week ago, with copies of some documents, containing terms and conditions, and copy of agreement, stating that they are now entitled to obtain Judgment.

Have to see if it is genuine.

I have noticed that they have not provided copy of Deed of assignment, I requested. Not sure if important?

Also it appears that the authorisation of Cabot Financial has lapsed with the FCA, which is the name they've used on the claim formicon.
    Does this mean that the claim is not valid and they have to reapply?

Also, over half of the amount they are claiming consists of bank charges.

Not sure if Default or Termination notices are relevant if they have bought any debts.

Please help

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Cabot/Restons claimform - Credit Card debt -2yrs stayed claim now threat to lift with SJ

you'll never get to see the deed
    you mean assignment.

they'll be covered by the group licence

but anyway
    is the claim not stayed
    so if they want to pay the fee and gamble?

can you scan up to ONE PDFicon what they've sent
    follow the uploadicon <<clickme guide
    yes they'll need the default notice

what type of credit was the debt?

dx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Default Told to withdraw my Defence

Dear All
    Two years ago made CCA Requesticon. Firm Debt Purchaser, didn't come back until last week.

received a lettericon from their solicitor saying, withdraw Defence or we'll obtain Summary Judgment.

They have not provided copy of proof of Assignment or Default notice/Termination etc.

Has anyone had similar experience?

Default Not FCA Authorised. How can a firm still issue a claim?

Dear All
    Can an unauthorised firm, issue a claim and/or enforce a claim?
    Please does anyone know?
    Thank you

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Default Re: Cabot/Restons claimform - Credit Card debt -2yrs stayed claim now threat to lift with SJ

3 threads merged
    please keep to one thread.
    cabot are covered by their group licence
    so forget all that

so what restons have sent a willy waving letter?
    I bet if you read it properly it offering a discount!!

you need to scan up the CCA return to ONE multipage PDFicon please
    follow the uploadicon<<clickme guide

can you also complete this please:
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...**UPDATED-2016**

and post up a copy of the defence you files too

dx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Kellyj2 View Post
    Dear All
    Two years ago made CCA Requesticon. Firm Debt Purchaser, didn't come back until last week.

received a lettericon from their solicitor saying, withdraw Defence or we'll obtain Summary Judgment.

They have not provided copy of proof of Assignment or Default notice/Termination etc.

Has anyone had similar experience?
    Restons normal mantra Im afraid...they normally do make application to lift the stay and request strike out or summary judgment...so sooner we have the details of the debt and claim the sooner we can advise on how to deal with this thread...if/should it happen.

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Dear Caggers
    Would be very grateful for any advice.
    I need to respond to Cabot/Restons.
    Are Default and Termination Notices relevant regarding claims concerning Credit cards please?
    Can these be requested from a debt purchaser like Cabot?
    Has anyone been successful in establishing whether a firm is able to issue a claim when their FCA authorisation has lapsed?
    Please help

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Hello Kelly.

Is this to do with your other thread please?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...50#post5051550

If it is, it's better to post on the same thread rather than starting a new one every time have have another question. It keeps all the information together and you'll get more complete advice.

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Please stop making new threads on the same issues
    Keep to one thread

Your questions have already been answered
    Read from post one again

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

I need to respond to Cabot/Restons.

Who said???

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2008

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cabot/Restons claimform - Credit Card debt -2yrs stayed claim now threat to lift with SJ

Just because Rectums & Cabrot have told you to respond by a specific momentin time, does NOT mean you have to!

You'll only give them delusions of grandeur, and mark yourself as ''Mug awaits fleecing''.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Default Re: Cabot/Restons claimform - Credit Card debt -2yrs stayed claim now threat to lift with SJ

Dear Bazooka Boo
    Thank you for your reply.
    I've been reading related threads and Asifh in 2015 has a similar case. He reported back that Cabot in being asked to provide certain docs, had subsequently come back with Notice of Discontinuance?

possibly

can you not scan up this letter to PDFicon please
    click uploadicon

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Dear All
    Is it possible to uploadicon docs from a phone please?

Royalties Account Holder Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2008

Blog Entries

Photograph it, and ENSURE you blank out ALL identifiers, bar codes, your name, silly squiggly boxes, your address, and any reference numbers, BEFORE you post it up.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

read the uploadicon guide
    theres a program in there

dx

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details