Cabot sending letters to old address, new tricks?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Cabot are writing to my old address, from which I get some mail forwarded, but certainly not all.

The latest letter is a statement regarding a debt which is definitely SB, nothing paid on it since 2009.

The amount was about 1.2k; Cabot have now added a transaction with something like "LGL ADJUST BAL" on it with a "credit" about £570.

They have written YOU NEED NOT TAKE ANY ACTION on it. Is this an attempt to make it look as though there's been activity on the account?

I don't know whether to send an SB letter, probably best to ignore?

I'd rather they didn't send mail to my old address, though.

Is it wise to just give them my new address? I'm quite confident in rebuffing / ignoring them if they do attempt to chase.

Thanks

DP

Thread moved to Debt Collection Agencies..please continue to post here to your thread Prudence

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I would inform them of your change of address..you dont want them issuing a claim to your old address...there is no need to inform them its statue barred that is self evident..just continue to file and ignore.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

the change you mention is most likely a refund of spurious charges ordered by the FCA. If you didnt pay these then it wont matter, it wont affect the SB date. If you did pay them then you can reclaim them but they are entitled to offset the againt the principle debt. yours was fro more than the refund so no damage done unless all of your debt was made up charges and fees.

As for wrog address, yes tell them your current one and that if they continue to use the old addy you will be reporting them for unfair prasctices under debt collection rules