MMF/Moriarty Claim Form - old Northway Broker Limited PDL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Name of the Claimant ? Motormile Finance

Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form24th July 2017

What is the claim for –

1.The Defendant owes the Claimant £300 under a regulated loan agreement with Northway Broker Limited dated 1st March 2012 and which was assigned to the Claimant on 09.05.2014 and notice of which was given to the Defendant on 09.05.2014 (debt).

2. Despite formal demand for payment of the debt the Defendant has failed to pay

3.and the Claimant claims £300

and further claims interest thereon pursuant to Section 69 of the County Court Act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to £30.

What is the value of the claim? £300

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? PDL

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? after

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned

and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. MMF

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? really cannot remember

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No only doorstep threats up until last year

Why did you cease payments? as far as I know never made any payment

What was the date of your last payment? as above

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? no dont know who the original creditor is

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? no

I like others have received a claim form from Moriarty Law.

Here are the details.

Just about to file an AoS on file and lodge CPR letter with Moriarty.

Anything else I need to do

- cannot for the life of me know what this is for.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Twill Be a Pounds Till Payday PDL debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX - still unsure I had one. Sent off the CPR letter today anyhow. Hopefully they will come back with everything required to proceed further :lol:. Will keep an eye on my defence lodging time.

Hammyhound

don't forget the CCA request!! that's legally binding

they can ignore CPR and Moriarty Law do too!

have you done {AOS}

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

don't miss your defence filing date no matter what happens

and they

by 4pm 25th aug.

post it up here first

and they

• 3 weeks later...

HI Guys,

Can you check my defence below. I have not mentioned the fact that no default notice was served as they do not mention it in their particulars of claim. Have I missed anything or anything to add - would be grateful for your comments.

Particulars of Claim for reference only

1.The Defendant owes the Claimant £300 under a regulated loan agreement with Northway Broker Limited dated 1st March 2012 and which was assigned to the Claimant on 09.05.2014 and notice of which was given to the Defendant on 09.05.2014 (debt).

2. Despite formal demand for payment of the debt the Defendant has failed to pay

and further claims interest thereon pursuant to Section 69 of the county court Act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to £30.

Defence

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. It is denied with regards to an amount due under an agreement. The Claimant’s Solicitor has not disclosed any agreement or statements on which its claim relies upon.

3. On receipt of this claim I requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CPR 31.14. To date I have yet to receive a compliant response. This was posted on 31st July 2017. To date I have had no response.

4. I requested information by way of a Section 78 request on 31st July 2017. To date I have yet to receive a response complying with the request. To date they have failed to comply and remain in default.

Therefore with the court’s permission the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) Show and disclose how the Defendant has entered into an agreement;

(b) Show and disclose how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed for;

© Show how the agreement was breached/terminated to allow the claimant relief.

(d) Show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

5. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5, it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

6. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Edited by Andyorch
Particulars added for reference

and they

Thanks DX helpful as ever.

Particulars of Claim for reference only

and further claims interest thereon pursuant to Section 69 of the county courticon Act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to £30.

Spruced up a bit.

1. The Defendant contends that the Particulars of Claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. The Claimant claims £300 is owed under a regulated loan agreement with Northway Broker Limited. I do not recall the precise details or agreement and have sought verification from the claimant and the claimants solicitor by way of a CPR 31.14 and section 77 request who are yet to fully comply.

3. The Claimant's statement regarding the assignation of the debt is denied. I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served on 09.05.2014 from either the Claimant or Northway Broker Limited

4. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show and evidence any cause of action and service of a Default Notice

© show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

5. On receipt of this claim I requested by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a section 77 request, copies of the documents referred to within the Claimant's Particulars of Claim to establish what the claim is for. To date the Claimant's solicitors, Moriarty Law, have failed to fully comply with this request.

6. As per Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

7. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82 A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

8. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Yes thats fine HH

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

They do not have to disclose documents yet...thats later in the process (after allocation)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:mad2: Got a court order today saying that if I did not file my AQ within 7 days the Claimant can enter judgment as they have filed theirs. This is despite sending by email on 21st September and the court acknowledging receipt.

I also cc'd Moriarty and they acknowledged some days later.

I have again today sent the same email and again I have received the auto response saying they have got my email.

Is there anything else I should do.

I am so mad at the court.

I have checked MCOL and that says AQ received by Claimant on 25th September but then says notification removed on 26th and a sanctions order sent on 10th October.

What on earth is going on.

Please help.

Ring northants bulk monday

Now received email saying mediation is proposed to take place in November.

I have written back to the mediators saying that despite the fact I am prepared to mediate I cannot do so until all the documents requested by me are received and it would be impossible to mediate with just a claim form.

Has anyone heard of mediation taking place without the documents.

No.....given your response it wont happen and will proceed to trial.

no and if you read a few threads you'll see that you should agree to mediation UNTIL you get the actual mediation call

then they will ask the same 3 questions as the letter

have you received all the necessary paperwork .. its then you say NO.

this is to show you are going along with the spirit of mediation in giving the claimant time to respond.

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Court Order has arrived, my hearing is in January.

Claimants to pay the fee mid December failing which it will be struck out and Defendant' costs be paid.

I have to prepare a witness statement so will take my time to make sure I get it right.

Still no documents.

Claimants have to send me and court documents they will rely on 14 days before the hearing and bring the originals to court.

I am not relying on anything as I have not received anything.

Will come back over the coming weeks for someone to have a look at my statement although I dont really know what to put in it as it states

"the witness statement should give details of what you are relying on at court"