Switch from BG to PfP energy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have had a problem switching from British Gas to PfP energy.

I submitted meter readings to PfP in June. I wrote them down on a piece of paper and saved it, then submitted them on their website.

I received confirmation that I was on supply. I forgot about it until I received a final bill from British Gas about a week ago. I checked their final readings against the ones on my online PfP account and they matched, so stupidly assumed all was ok. I paid my final BG bill today.

However, I then decided to send a second reading to PfP and found the new reading was less than the reading on my PfP account. I checked against my records and they don't agree.

I am 100% certain I did not enter the numbers incorrectly last month -- I am on a dual meter and the last 3 digits of both numbers are wrong -- so I believe PfP have started their supply on BG's estimated final reading; indeed I noticed my final BG bill was an estimated reading.

I know I should have checked more thoroughly before paying the final bill, especially considering previous experience of British Gas. I'm pretty certain I did not type 6 digits wrong -- maybe 1, but not 6! So I am certain it is their mistake.

I now have to correct PfP, which I'm sure will be fine because the lower initial readings are in their interest. But how do I make BG give me a correct bill and get a refund for the difference?

Any advice appreciated.