Natwest Credit CArd - ongoing debt - will it ever end?

electricsilver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all.

Been a while since I was last on here.

Always view your Twitter page.

Keep up the great work you all do :)

About 10 years ago I got into trouble paying my credit card bills.

I managed to full and final settle and write-off on all bar one.

Nat West would not agree

I started paying them £5 pcm against a debt of some £6000.

I remember writing to them at the time, saying that all I could afford was £5pcm and requesting for the debt to become interest free (although, I have no copy or acknowledgement of this.)

This direct debit has now been occurring for all this time with absolutely no follow-up communique from NW whatsoever.

Any suggestions on what I should do with this?

There is nothing showing on my Noddle credit file.

I am never likely to be in a position to pay the debt, although I am NOT in receipt of any benefits.

1: Should I continue with the £5pcm and hope the bear remains asleep ?

2: Should I just stop paying and see what happens?

3: Should I contact them (Urghh - the thought of it)?

If they do respond, I can only ever pay the same £5pcm. But will I be opening a can of worms for myself?

Many many thanks.

So is this a standard Natwest credit card debt ?

Do you receive statements at least once a year ?

Have you ever had a debt collector write to you about a debt which you have ignored ?

Do you have a Bank account with Natwest ?

I am surprised your debt has not been sold on. If Natwest still has the debt, if they are not writing to you with statements of account, then you might decide to stop the £5 payment and see if they write to you. Just make sure they have your current address.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So is this a standard Natwest credit card debt ?

Do you receive statements at least once a year ?

Nothing for past 10 years.

Have you ever had a debt collector write to you about a debt which you have ignored ?

No debt collector or letters. I don't believe I ever had anybody other than NW communicate with me over this. Again, some 10 years ago.

Do you have a Bank account with Natwest ?

I closed the NW bank account during my credit card issues with them some 10 years ago.

I am surprised your debt has not been sold on. If Natwest still has the debt, if they are not writing to you with statements of account, then you might decide to stop the £5 payment and see if they write to you. Just make sure they have your current address.

The last correspondence I have with them is from my current address.

Many thanks for your speedy response unclebulgaria67

IF Natwest were receiving your £5pm onto the credit card account, then the debt balance would be affected and this would trigger need to issue statements. Also if they were adding interest, the debt balance would increase, again requiring statements showing debt owed.

My guess is that your debt was moved onto some account in their debt management department after the card account was cancelled and it has ended up not being looked at. The £5pm is just going into an unconnected account, with the amount not being deducted from the debt.

When you pay your £5pm credit, does it include a reference number related to the credit card debt ? How was the payment set up ?

If you cancel the payment due lack of hearing from Natwest in 10 years, i think that is reasonable. Natwest will write to you, if it is a problem to them and you can deal with it, coming back for more advice.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

if they have not been sending a better than yearly statement

nor have been send NOSIA [notice of sums in arrears letters every 6mts

then they cannot charge interest.

might be an idea to write to them.

we've had 2 cards recently that both turned out not to be covered by a vailed CCA.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what they sometimes do is unilaterally decide to commute the money owed from a card account to a loan account as it looks better on their books and has different terms under the CCA. ask them sor a statement as you seem to have lost the past 10 years worth and see what they say

It seems it was only last year that RBS sold a portfolio of NPD so maybe as they were getting revenue from youthey held on to it. Remember RBS is largely pwned by the tax payer

Can you remember exactly when the account was opened?

Are they still charging interest ?

I know opinion is divided on this but i would not send a CCA request while RBS still own the debt and this is why

I sent two off to RBS and they produced two enforceable agreements - signed, all the PT's etc however when they sold them last year ( after 4 years of non payment) I sent new CCA requests and the new company have been unable to produce the goods

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .