Computer games

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know this is a thread that most people (either by age or by not having aspergers) might not relate to but...

Does anyone else find that no computer games take their fancy?

I have been an avid gamer for over 20 years now. Mostly adventure but also anything open world

However lately I look at new games and maybe play 5-10 mins and put it down

My wife says it's growing up but I put it down to a lack of imagination in games. Too many are the repeat of what's been done before. Too many times I can predict what's going to happen and because of that it's dull.

I can't help but wonder why. It can't be a lack of imagination but I wonder if it's down to a lack of people willing to take risks on new ideas.

I love my aspergers because it sometimes means my imagination runs wild. However I also hate it means my grammar and spelling means I miss out on abilities like being able to put them down. For example I wrote short stories for a while but I doubt their good enough to sell due to the writing.

I just wonderer if in this life of ease people are unwilling to take the risks needed to succeed. A good example is a game called stardew valley. The guy risked being sued for writing a game so much like harvest moon but succeed so well that nintendo dropped their own game in order to sell

OK I went off topic but any suggestions of something else (different to the 600+ games on my computer already) that people can suggest to relax with please

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I love solving games, where you have to find things etc, but lie you said Labrat they are same old same, I go on Bigfish game site or sometimes play the face book games, I do have a DS but I only play scrabble on it.

I have a rubik cube somewhere and have only ever solved it once and no idea how I did it!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Big fish and the hidden object games are OK but me and the wife finish one every couple of days..

Plus like you say storylines are getting all the same

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

lol same here I can finish them quick, mainly only buy one when they are on offer which is rare, I play rooms of memory but finding it very tedious and I refuse to buy upgrades etc for it. I do not like fighting games or sports games

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I have to admit to heading towards more outdoor games

Pokemon never interested me. however, at the same time it came out I was determined to get out and about more

so I took up geocaching, something that I have done on and off for over a year now. its got me to places i never knew existed, got me chased by stags, nearly dunked in a lake and into nettles and thorns more times than should be allowed. Its basically been a real life hidden object puzzle

but even the draw of this dwindles, i havent done it in several weeks and have simple contented myself watching the trackable i set off travel around the uk to nice, then to Nice, and now onto finland

i can't help but wonder if its simply the lack of fulfilment in life - in the past people aimed at doing stuff people had never managed before them, maybe surpassing their parents - my father retired as the deputy head of recruitment at an NHS trust after years of doctoring - there's no way i can match this i simply repair computers

i have tried writing, poetry, game making - nothing fits - i just feel lost

Please note:

I've been playing games since hunt the wumpus and (text) adventure days

Still like doom and unreal Tournament (multi player is best) despite reactions and eyesight deteriorating.

Not so keen on the newer games.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

It;s called burnout. Everyone gets it. Just takes a few weeks or months off since its summer, enjoy the garden, world, and then come back

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I've never really gotten into playing computer games, my son is a big fan or was when he was in his teens, remember walking past his room hearing him say 'I'll meet you under the bridge near the big oak tree in 20 minutes"

Oh is that what you think, as I barged into his room, turns out he was playing a game online with his mates where there was a big oak tree and a bridge near by.

I felt a bit stupid !!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It;s called burnout. Everyone gets it. Just takes a few weeks or months off since its summer, enjoy the garden, world, and then come back

Thats all it takes to get my eyesight and reactions back?

I thought it was going to take reincarnation to overcome 6 decades of using and abusing them.

yaaayyyy

:-)

Darn - just remembered I tried that, , , a few times

:-(

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

I own each of the current gen consoles and several retro consoles along with emulators etc and I don't really touch them anymore. I have been playing Counter Strike for 10 years now and I have 3.2k hours in the current version, it has ruined all other shooters for me.

I had a ZX spectum, then an Amiga.

I was into Elite, there's never been a game like it in my opinion.

I am a little partial to a bit of clash of clans though.

I had a pet, then an atari, then an amstrad, then ...

Elite, I remember crashing many many times until I got the docking computer :-)

Then after a few months, I was deliberately jumping into the 'wild' systems just for a fight.

Scoop up that contraband

Then the aliens with their little fighter ships...

wicked.

mame is fun and runs on android phones - lol

More powerful than the uni mainframe.

The Tory Legacy

I had a pet, then an atari, then an amstrad, then ...

Elite, I remember crashing many many times until I got the docking computer :-)

Then after a few months, I was deliberately jumping into the 'wild' systems just for a fight.

Scoop up that contraband

Then the aliens with their little fighter ships...

wicked.

mame is fun and runs on android phones - lol

More powerful than the uni mainframe.

Thargoids I think they were called. You could scoop up the little fighter robots they released. If you hit a cettain key during set up you would be presented with a thargoid every time you hyperspaced.

yeah, docking was a real chore. especially when a Python decided to launch just as you entered the "carolis" space station.

All joking aside that game was years ahead of its time, If I remember the guy who programmed it was David Braben (or something like that?)

Pac Man!

Bubble Bobble,, did all levels on it once :)

yeah, docking was a real chore. especially when a Python decided to launch just as you entered the "carolis" space station.

Without autodock, get right up close to the entrance, on any angle of approach. Turn to the rear view, and line up with 'through' the centre of the space station.

You'll then proceed away from the station as if you have just left it.

Turn 180 degrees, and you'll be on a direct approach to the entrance.

However, the station is still rotating, so rotate and then match its rotation until you are

a) in line with the entrance's gap, and

b) matching the rotation of the gap perfectly.

Once you have this, you can approach slowly, or at speed ..... I preferred at speed (firstly, for the lols, and secondly, to dock before [as you've mentioned] you meet an exiting craft....]

Thargoids I think they were called. You could scoop up the little fighter robots they released. If you hit a cettain key during set up you would be presented with a thargoid every time you hyperspaced.

All joking aside that game was years ahead of its time, If I remember the guy who programmed it was David Braben (or something like that?)

Think it took me about 5 months to reach Elite status, and just before you got Elite, I seem to recall you would get multiple Thargoid Motherships attacking you.

The Tory Legacy

Without autodock, get right up close to the entrance, on any angle of approach. Turn to the rear view, and line up with 'through' the centre of the space station.

You'll then proceed away from the station as if you have just left it.

Turn 180 degrees, and you'll be on a direct approach to the entrance.

However, the station is still rotating, so rotate and then match its rotation until you are

a) in line with the entrance's gap, and

b) matching the rotation of the gap perfectly.

Once you have this, you can approach slowly, or at speed ..... I preferred at speed (firstly, for the lols, and secondly, to dock before [as you've mentioned] you meet an exiting craft....]

Yes, and sometimes you just got damage on entry if you were close to matcjing rotation - but not quite

hehehehe absolutely brilliant game for its time.

I remember when it went from wire to solid graphicd too.

My z80 processor Amstrad would do solid. Much better than those 6502 BBC's and cheaper

The Tory Legacy

Hehe I have to admit to getting back into simtower again for a bit..

Please note:

wow, better start having a look through you old games! :o

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/rare-copy-super-mario-bros-133105728.html?hl=1&noRedirect=1

the thread got me looking :). i thought the original zx and atari consoles wld now attract quite a premium (esp seeing as they are now being revived), but apparently not so much. have got both!

all I have is a DS and a PS2! , Can not even remember last time that was used lol

David Braben and Ian Bell, a couple of students at the time Elite came out. You may be aware that Braben (although not Bell - they had a falling out) used Kickstarter to fund a new version, Elite: Dangerous which launched as an online only sorta-MMO a couple of years back. Here's my Anaconda landed on the surface of a small moon near one of the galactic tourist attractions:

https://prnt.sc/ezzblx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.