PastDue - N Power old "debt"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have received a letter today from Past Due Credit Solutions requesting payment of just over £1.5k for an account with n power at a property I lived in for 18 months this between 2010 and 2012.

Firstly the dates of the account are incorrect and are for a further 2 months after I moved out,

secondly this is the first I heard that I owed them money!

I'm not sure where to start with this one to be honest.

Do I send them a SAR request?

If so, is there a template specificity for energy companies?

I was paying previously via a bank account I closed sometime ago

it's going to take me a while to price payment

I would like to push the ball into their court for now.

Looking online and at other forums i think n power have sold on a shed load of accounts recently to DCA's as there seems to be an awful lot of people complaining about debt collectors film letters for old accounts.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks

If it is with Pastdue there is not much hope on the debt owners part that they will get paid. If the debt goes back to 2012, it will be statute barred next year so not enforceable.

If you have been on electoral role and have various connected to your current address, it will be showing on your credit record. Therefore they could have contacted you years ago.

Why would there be an outstanding bill of over £1000 going back 6 or more years ? Did you have problems paying or not receive bills during that time ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I want to ignore but don't want to risk a CCJ, would they do that?

Uncle - I still live in the property I moved to after that one and have been on the electoral role since moving in (credit files would prove this I guess?)

I honestly have no idea what the money is for, assumed the monthly DD covered everything as I hadn't heard anything to say it hadn't, that's why I was wondering if a SAR request is worthwhile? To see how much is "my" debt and how much was accrued after I moved out.

Pointless sending a SAR to a DCA, they hold very little information & you will get back a couple of A4 pages for your tenner, you always SAR the Original Creditor.

However as it is Pastdue ignore as they have little to no power and rely on the debtors lack of knowledge for their sole existence.

As pointed out above it is Statute Barred next year so ignore the letters, the chance of a CCJ is slim, however if one does come then post back here where help to defend will be given.

Did you inform the Energy Company when you moved out?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

I want to ignore but don't want to risk a CCJ, would they do that?

Uncle - I still live in the property I moved to after that one and have been on the electoral role since moving in (credit files would prove this I guess?)

I honestly have no idea what the money is for, assumed the monthly DD covered everything as I hadn't heard anything to say it hadn't, that's why I was wondering if a SAR request is worthwhile? To see how much is "my" debt and how much was accrued after I moved out.

Search for Pastdue obtaining CCJ's. I can't remember seeing any recently.

If you want to obtain info, then send an Subject Access Request to NPower. If you were paying monthly based on usage there should be no reason for any debt. You would have given final readings to NPower when you moved out and paid up any shortfall. Perhaps NPower never processed it and only cancelled your account after the supply was taken over by whoever moved into the property. The new people might have given meter readings, which led to NPower calculating a debt. If NPower did not have your new address then a final bill would have gone to your old address and if you did not have mail forwarding arranged, you never received it.

You don't need to contact Pastdue at this stage unless you really want to. Even then it should be a one line response saying you have never had any correspondence from NPower about this matter and have therefore contacted NPower for information.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Past due cant get a CCJ

they are a powerless DCA

only their client can take you to court.

as with all util bills that get passed to a DCA

they thing as its a util bill it gives them magical powers

if you want to do anything

then speak to NPower but record the call.

going by the dates and the awful PC system they had at that time I bet they've got nothing to prove the debt is real.

who are PDCS client named on their letter?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...