Admiral Black Box

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend had a black box fitted through Admiral. He had 10/10 scores throughout. He went to cricket and the car was parked up. He got a score of -10 as they said he drove 13 hours straight no breaks and that is dangerous. They also said he drove at 130mph which he didn't. Why would he when he knows there is a black box fitted and only got 10 out of 10 scores.

He tried to speak to them but was simply told. The black box doesn't make mistakes.

They cancelled his insurance and banned him from the insurance company and anyone under their brand. His insurance shot up and he needed to take out a loan to get insurance. This happened two years ago. So last year insurance was high but not as high.

I have asked for a DPA and all information relating to the black box.

Has this happened to anyone here before? How can I prove he didn't drive 13 hours straight. Can anyone drive 13 hours straight lol

Help me to help others!

Have they said he literally was moving for 13 hours, if so they need to look at it more closely. I doubt if the car could hold enough fuel to do that nevermind anything else.

Also is the car physically capable of doing 130mph, if it's say a 1l fiesta then no it could not, so again needs challenged.

This was my thinking. I hope they provide data that I can prove is physically impossible. Also surely the journey will be listed. So where did he apparently travel for 13 hours!

He should if proved surely be put back to the position of where he would be if the insurance hadn't been cancelled? So refund the difference in the premiums between a policy where he has to say he has had insurance cancelled. He also had to take out a loan which is his only debt.

Help me to help others!

This was my thinking. I hope they provide data that I can prove is physically impossible. Also surely the journey will be listed. So where did he apparently travel for 13 hours!

He should if proved surely be put back to the position of where he would be if the insurance hadn't been cancelled? So refund the difference in the premiums between a policy where he has to say he has had insurance cancelled. He also had to take out a loan which is his only debt.

Yes the journey should be listed, similar to a satnav knowing what roads the car travelled in its history. The Insurers will have to get the full data from the company they use, rather than the basic data given to them. It might be that the Insurers were fed wrong data.

This should have been challenged 2 years ago. I very much doubt the Insurers will compensate the consequential loss suffered due to the cancellation. They might simply remove any cancellation record and issue an ex gratia payment for a small amount. The difficulty in suing the Insurers is the amount of loss and providing evidence of mitigation i.e full details of quotes showing your friend obtained cheapest policy available.

Something very strange has happened here. I have heard of minor data problems, but not a 13 hour journey and 130mph speeding.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread