style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

I'm hoping someone could give me some advice on this matter.

Today I recevied a parking charge notice for parking in the Asda carpark in Falkirk.

I remember the day I was in the car park, there is no barrier present upon entry and on entry I never saw a ticket machine, likewise on the exit, no barrier or ticket machine, so I assumed it was perfectly fine to leave.

On the letter it states ''We have issued a parking charge notice (PCN) ..... to your vehicle because it was parked in a manner whereby the driver became liable for a parking charge''

it then next states that the terms and conditions are clearly set out on signs (which once again I genuinely can't recall seeing) and thusly I am now bound to these terms and conditions.

Now I'm no dummy, these idiots say I've got 14 days to pay £40 before it shoots up to £70.

But, they haven't stated why I am being fined and

second of all, I haven't signed any documentation or verbally agreed to any contract so am I liable or this?

Any fast help would be appreciated guys,

Thanks,

Kyle.

fined?

where does it use that word?

you are in Scotland

their is no such thing as PoFa in Scotland

nor any trespass act

you totally ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yep. They cant touch you, and tbh i would notify asda of that too. Theyre complicit in various breaches of regulation in allowing a PPC to operate there as they charges can never be enforced.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

fined?

where does it use that word?

you are in Scotland

their is no such thing as PoFa in Scotland

nor any trespass act

you totally ignore them.

dx

Thanks for the advice dx, my mistake on the fine part it only mentions the PCN no fine. Does that make a difference? Shouldn't I at least email them to state I'm not paying it for the above reasons or should it just be left?

Nope. Just ignore it completely. There's absolutely nothing they can do. Scottish law covers you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

do not respond to their letter as there is no keeper liability in Scotland as the POFA isnt on the statute books there. If you respond they will think they have got you worried and will say anything to get you to pay. Ignore them and they will realise that you havent been fooled and will have to drop the matter

• 2 weeks later...

I received a PCN today for parking at Ada in Falkirk on 27th July. It says I did not validate my parking ( I did and I have the ticket as evidence). It is my understanding that these cannot be enforced in Scotland however, on page 2 under Useful Information I find the following:

" PCNs issued in Scotland are legally enforceable- ...see recent case of "Vehicle Control Services vs Carly Mackie in the Dundee Sheriffs Court 13 Jan Court reference A7/15"

Advice, please?

Es

Same as previous. Nothing they can do. Totally ignore them. The judgement is irrelevant for many reason and has absolutely nothing to do with your issue.

It wont stop the PCN's from trying to pull a fast one though