2 PCNs timed three minutes apart for the same offence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I stopped in what it now appears is a restricted parking zone i.e Orpington high street to drop off some items to a charity shop. I was gone no more than three minutes in total. Both notices that I've received state the enforcement officer was unable to fix the ticket to the vehicle as it was driven away. But I couldn't have done this twice in three minutes, so I'm thinking of disputing the issue of at least the second notice.

ntvrman

No I wasn't , I had just pulled into the side of the road. I should point out that my car is registered as a disabled vehicle, as my wife needs to use either sticks or a frame to walk ( she also had to give up driving) therefore needs to be able to park closer to most amenities

No I wasn't , I had just pulled into the side of the road. I should point out that my car is registered as a disabled vehicle, as my wife needs to use either sticks or a frame to walk ( she also had to give up driving) therefore needs to be able to park closer to most amenities

Except you said you were driving and you dropped items off to the charity shop, so I can't see how your wife's disability has any bearing on the matter.

Yeah, this thread isn't going to go anywhere unless we get the full story. For instance, how is the vehicle "registered" as a disabled vehicle? How would a CEO know? What bearing would that have on the situation anyway?

Something we've not been told yet is what happened when the driver returned to the vehicle the first time (sorry, I meant the only time). Was there a CEO there? Was he issuing anything? Was there a conversation? Did you drive off before he could issue?

And the two PCNs - issued by the same officer? are they three minutes apart? Which is exactly how long the car was there, so we are told, so one was logged the moment you arrived and the other logged the moment you left - not very likely.

We need the full, truthful sequence of events or no constructive advice can be given.

Yeah, this thread isn't going to go anywhere unless we get the full story. For instance, how is the vehicle "registered" as a disabled vehicle? How would a CEO know? What bearing would that have on the situation anyway?

Something we've not been told yet is what happened when the driver returned to the vehicle the first time (sorry, I meant the only time). Was there a CEO there? Was he issuing anything? Was there a conversation? Did you drive off before he could issue?

And the two PCNs - issued by the same officer? are they three minutes apart? Which is exactly how long the car was there, so we are told, so one was logged the moment you arrived and the other logged the moment you left - not very likely.

We need the full, truthful sequence of events or no constructive advice can be given.

Full story: probably not relevant was the fact that the car is reg as disabled.

When I pulled up at the side of the road there wasn't anybody around let alone CEO. I stopped the engine got out took two bags from the back close the tailgate, no traffic so crossed the road about 40 feet straight into the charity shop , put the bags on the floor at the back of the shop. Turned around and walked back out ( no pausing) had to wait a few second for traffic to clear crossed the road and got back into the car. So as to your questions - there was no CEO present by the car therefore no conversation took place.

Was your wife with you that day? My understanding is that if you use a blue badge, the disabled person has to be with you.

I'm pretty sure we had a discussion the other day about the car not being registered, it would be the person.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

My wife wasn't with so I didn't show the badge. Yes my car is registered as a disabled vehicle on the v5c, taxation class. it then changes the road tax rate.

OK, well if that's what happened, you can certainly appeal the second one. You can't be issued a second PCN for the same contravention. You can just explain everything to them.

Just start with a brief, polite letter explaining you had two PCNs for the same contravention and are asking them to cancel the second of them, as it is invalid.

I've had a look and only the second (later numbered) offence has any photo evidence, I'm going to look for the sign post that indicates that it's a restricted zone, as when I went back to where I had stopped I didn't see any signs at all. I noticed that the time on the second photo the one showing the sign is timed over 30 minutes after I was supposed to have committed the offence.

As per the link above, there'a a sign at the entrance to the street on Google maps, saying it's a restricted zone with no loading except in marked bays, and no times stated (therefore, it's 24/7).

I understand you weren't in a bay, and therefore cannot stop to load/unload, or for any reason. They can issue a PCN with no observation time.

no tax disc so haow is CEO supposed to know? The BB scheme would still apply to get parking rights sowithout your mrs you cant use the badge As siad by others, challenge the tickets for duplication and also challeneg the first one as you were loading/unloading so allowed to park on SYL or DYL that do not prohibit it.

My wife wasn't with so I didn't show the badge. Yes my car is registered as a disabled vehicle on the v5c, taxation class. it then changes the road tax rate.

also challeneg the first one as you were loading/unloading so allowed to park on SYL or DYL that do not prohibit it.

It's a restricted zone where loading is only allowed in signed bays, and would apply whether the BB was displayed or not, which it was not.