racking up charges upon charges, HELP!!

kylecagedfox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

first off im sorry if this has been answered somewhere i did search thoroughly through the forum threads but i couldn't find this particular situation...

after being laid off in January i used most of my redundancy money to pay off existing bills and such and eventually left me with £0.02 in my account and thinking everything's sorted,

i didnt look at my account for a while and when i went back it was a whopping £-160 and what had started as a £15 charge for a returned direct debit has now just racked up charges for being overdrawn and i didnt think they were allowed to make money off their own charges?

i rang up nationwide and after some shpeel they said there was nothing they can do.

i managed to get a tax rebate which just managed to fix the problem and Lowe and behold the charges kept coming

now i'm back at square one and its only going to get worse,

this has been going on since march,

now ill admit im not the best with money but after starting a voluntary apprenticeship where i dont make much money if any im running out of ways to fix the problem, help!

Hello and welcome to CAG.

First things first open a new bank account with a different banking group, secondly lodge a formal complaint with Nationwide, and exhaust their complaints procedure, OR until they have refunded you those charges.

Keep EVERYTHING in writing, you need a paper trail of evidence.

Do you have a complete history of your account with them?

Have you told them IN WRITING, that you're in financial difficulty?

Open a new account with a different banking group and get ALL of your money paid into that.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!