Rascal v Apcoa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know i've been ridiculously stupid before anyone points it out - Im not here to be judged but feel free to judge away...

I have numerous outstanding parking tickets.

I was paying for a carpark close to my local train station and for around 18 months was genuinely buying tickets

one day I forgot to buy a ticket,

then they went over to that auto ticketing thing that you can do online or over the phone

I just genuinely kept forgetting to buy tickets

- so much so that I decided as I hadnt been fined within the now 4-5 months of parking there for free I was going to try and not to buy tickets.

I have around 11 tickets that are outstanding.

The ticket people seemed to recognise my car after a while

as I would buy my ticket online and would come back at around 6.30pm having paid for a ticket on the online app and they would still have ticketed my car

- almost I presume without having checked to see if id paid for one.

I appealed 4 and had them struck out as they could not provide any evidence and I could prove from the app that I had in fact purchased tickets.

My ticketing issues got to the point of receiving solicitors letters for figures that had clearly just been plucked out of thin air -

I tried to call them, to speak to a person rather than an automated system but could never get through so I left it.. and left it... and left it...

And then they stopped writing

2 months on I have moved house and my colleague pointed out yesterday that I need to change my V5 and drivers licence to my new address.

My question is now will the parking firms now come after me at my new address?

They were all APCOA fines and private tickets rather than council enforced.

Which yes, doesn't make my stupidity any better but Id be really grateful if someone could tell me what to do.

Thanks.

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Halifax - SUCCESS August 2006

Woolwich - SUCCESS January 2007

Nationwide... you're next...

In a nutshell, they have more than likely got a judgement against you by default!

Check trust online, and your credit files, you really really need to update your CRF with your new address, and your V5/DL.

If they think theycan get an easy win, then they will do so, by deliberately issuing a claim to an old address, then they win by default as it goes un-defended, they then find out where you are and enforce the CCJ.

IMO no time to lose, get a shifty on, check they haven't already won!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They are not fines.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

right,

as soon as the people chasing you get one of their letters returned to them as "gone away" they tend to start legal proceedings as they know you wont get the paperwork and thus wont be able to defend their scurrilous claim.

You need to set up a post forwarding account with RM for at least 6 months and if you get another letter from anyone connected with them you write back and tell them that all correspiondence should be sent to your new address.

They will then lose any claim they send to the old addy.

Changing your V5 details wont stop them writing to the old address,

that is the address they have to seve legal documents on until you tell them otherwise so get the post forwarding sorted.

as for the detail we can help you with that.

We will need to know a lot more about the car park, payemnt methods, tickets slapped on vehicle, letters ect so get them all together and give us the details in chronological order

• 2 weeks later...

I've been away so haven't been checking this.

I have now sent them updated address details (of a week ago) but haven't heard anything back.

have checked my credit reference files and there is nothing on there either

- I had updated my credit reference files when I moved anyway regardless of the tickets.

Wright Hassall are the solicitors (from memory) that were writing to me.

I haven't kept a single thing in terms of any paperwork to do with the tickets

- stupid yes but I was so angry that they kept on writing to me that I just binned the lot.

Halifax - SUCCESS August 2006

Woolwich - SUCCESS January 2007

Nationwide... you're next...