Lowell - Letter of Claim - old Orange Mobile debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am helping a friend out with her debts.

The most pressing problem is a letter from Lowell Portfolio for an orange mobile debt.

They say they Will issue a claim in the county court if they do not hear back within 14 days there are 6 left.

The default balance is given as £120 on 17/6/2012 the balance now stands at £398.71 and the letter says it will increase to £515.61 if it goes to court.

She cannot recall much about the contract.

I would like to buy her a bit of time as she has come into some money and may be able to pay an amount back to them.

I just want to be able to establish how the debt has grown from £120 to £398 first.

Any help much appreciated.

I just want to be able to establish how the debt has grown from £120 to £398 first.

Any help much appreciated.

Your friend needs to contact Orange to find out the remaining balance that was owed. Suspect the default was just the usage and contract up to point of default and then Orange added whatever amount was due to cover the early termination of the contract.

It is then a case of settling what is correctly due with Lowell. Lowell do issue a lot of court claims, which they don't always follow through with if defended, but your friend might not want the hassle.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Problem is Lowell wont just accept the initial default balance and will probably keep hounding for more.....dont fall for threats of court claims and days left...ignore them and wait to see if they do issue a court claim...easily defended as Lowell cant supply documentation for defunct phone debts and normally discontinue their claim once defended and then dump it.

How old is this debt and when was the last payment made ?

Is it showing on her credit reference files ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hello and welcome to CAG.

As already mentioned, get into contact with Orange direct, preferably via mail, however a phone call might be advantageous due to the nature of lowlifes missive.

DO NOT talk to lowlifes over the phone EVER, keep everything in writing/email, get a paper trail of evidence.

What does her credit file say about this?

You might need to send Orange a SAR (£10) who have 40 days to send you everything they have regarding the account, this way you can se what they have added, if anything, to the account.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks everybody.

I got the information fro the credit file Start date was 17/07/2011The default balance is given as £120 on 17/6/2012 the balance now stands at £398.71. date updated 21/08/2013 there is no details of any payments made.

This is showing on an old address on her Equifax report, did not show on Experian.

I think from what has been said so far the best bet is to ignore the letter and contact orange. I will probably write a letter requesting a breakdown of the fee and charges and see what reply I get. Should I ask them to halt any action for now?

I think from what has been said so far the best bet is to ignore the letter and contact orange I will probably write a letter requesting a breakdown of the fee and charges and see what reply I get. .:thumb:

Should I ask them to halt any action for now? Who Orange or Lowell ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

you sure that letter says WILL?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

was this account taken out at your present address or have you moved since?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then they are just phishing letters to see if they get a response

if she is not able quickly to get mail from the old address

[as that is where they'll file the claimform too for sure if they file one - hoping for an unknown about backdoor CCJ]

then she need to write to lowells and inform them of her new address

might be an idea to sent them our account in dispute letter from the debt collection section of our library

it might also be worthy to do the same on any other debt thats listed on her credit file that shes runaway from too to prevent the same on those

you indicate that if she searches her credit file at her current address that the debt is not showing?

and they

then is she not on the voters register where she is now?

or has she changed names?

old addresses should be show as linked addresses on her file

and thus the relevant debts come over to her credit file as well.

and they

No she's not on the voters role where she is now. The Experian report did not pick this one up but the Equifax one did as a linked address.

I have spoken to her about it and she says she has 4 other letters from the past months from Lowells solicitors where they have written the same thing so I am wondering if there is any point doing anything except waiting as Lowell Portfolio have written off other debts she had earlier in the year.

why did they write them off?

did they give a reason?

so she has been writing to lowells from her present address then?

dx

and they

ok

well as this is within 6yrs imho send the dispute letter to lowells

and an sar to orange..

or go ring orange and ask?

nothing stopping her doing that

its probably charges till end of contract anyway

which is easily buffed away.

and they