Probate/land registry

Sheffsix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need a bit of help,me and a sibling have been named in a will were an house has been left by a close relative,were going through probate at the moment, but do we both have to be named on the deeds for the house or can I withdraw from the share of the property as I don't really want my 50% share and I'm prepared to hand it over to my only sibling so there will be just the one name on the deeds. There's nothing dodgy I just don't want it. Can it be done and if so how.

Many thanks

The Land Registry are not interested in the details of what the will says, only that you have the proper authority to deal with the matter. The grant of probate gives you that authority, and the LR will accept it without having to jump through hoops getting the ID1 form completed.

So in answer to your question: Yes, you can just have the name of one sibling on the deeds.

You may also want to look at a Deed of Variation if you are gifting your share. This would cover yourself (or rather, your estate) should you have the misfortune to die within the next seven years.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.