ESA support group mental health

Mia16
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have schizoaffective disorder. I have had the illness for many years and am unlikely to improve. I got ESA support(CB) within 6 weeks on a paper assessment and I also got PIP enhanced both rates on a paper assessment. My CPN is really good and I had a lot of medical evidence and she also said a face to face would damage my mental health. Both assessors reports have said no significant improvement in longer term.

My CPN said I shouldn't worry but I wondered if there was anyone out there in a similar situation.

Don't be offended if I don't reply quickly as it's taken me 2 days to do this.

Thanks

Mia x

Hello Mia.

What is your main concern please? Have you been asked to go for an assessment?

HB

Hi Honeybee

No I've never had a medical but my ESA reassessment is due at the end of this year(I think)and I wondered if anyone had a similar experience or if there is anything else I can do.I also have a personality disorder which means I am not able to deal with people face to face.

Mia x

Hi Mia,

I'm sure you've often been told to try not to worry about something that may never happen so I won't repeat it as I know personally how difficult that is. I don't have the same conditions as you, however I was also awarded Support group and enhanced rates of both components of PIP.

PIP awards are usually for a fixed term so you might at some point be reassessed, however 'no significant improvement in the longer term' makes that quite unlikely. ESA awards are not time limited, and support group awards continue indefinitely unless and until you're assessed as 'fit for work' or 'fit for work related activity'. From what you've said I would guess it's also very unlikely that you'll be asked to attend an assessment.

If it's any help, the report for my award of ESA suggested I would recover in 3 years - from a condition I've had for 30 years and for which there is not treatment, but we know ATOS are sometimes miracle workers. That was however nearly 5 years ago and I've not been reassessed in the interim, so perhaps whoever decides these things thought differently.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi Mia,

I'm sure you've often been told to try not to worry about something that may never happen so I won't repeat it as I know personally how difficult that is. I don't have the same conditions as you, however I was also awarded Support group and enhanced rates of both components of PIP.

PIP awards are usually for a fixed term so you might at some point be reassessed, however 'no significant improvement in the longer term' makes that quite unlikely. ESA awards are not time limited, and support group awards continue indefinitely unless and until you're assessed as 'fit for work' or 'fit for work related activity'. From what you've said I would guess it's also very unlikely that you'll be asked to attend an assessment.

If it's any help, the report for my award of ESA suggested I would recover in 3 years - from a condition I've had for 30 years and for which there is not treatment, but we know ATOS are sometimes miracle workers. That was however nearly 5 years ago and I've not been reassessed in the interim, so perhaps whoever decides these things thought differently.

Thanks so much. You're right, easier said than done not to worry! Mia x