Is a rent book required for weekly rent?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why you must have a rent book

A Rent Book is required by law in England & Wales & Scotland in those tenancy situations where rent is paid on a weekly basis. But it can be useful in all tenancy situations.

In Northern Ireland all landlords must give their tenants a rent book at the start of a tenancy.

Under the Private Tenancies (Northern Ireland) Order 2006, all landlords must provide their tenants with a form of rent book (also called a Rent Statement) within 28 days after the start date of the tenancy, irrespective of how the rent is paid.

What documents and information must the tenant receive

By law, as a tenant, you must be given the following information:

if you have a weekly tenancy (not a fixed term or monthly tenure), your landlord must provide a rent book or similar document. Your landlord commits a criminal offence if they fail to do so

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/renting-a-home/tenancy-agreements/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

See above I have added further information

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread