Parking a Motorcycle on the pavement?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Today I received my first PCN parking ticket (Yay), but I am not quite sure if it's fair.

So, I parked my motorcycle on the pavement with the cycle rack so I could chain it up; I'm not sure if it's relevant or not but, there was a double yellow line on the road and no loading stripes on the kerb, but my bike was well out the way and wasn't causing an obstruction to businesses, roadways, pavements or other cyclists.

Also, I wasn't aware of any parking restrictions for motorcycles, could I claim ignorance and hope for their better nature?

If I disputed the ticket would I have a chance of getting it wavered?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shaun

the pavement is part of the highway so the dyl's run to the property boundary.

local authority penalty charge notice?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You need to go back with a camera looking for any signs in the area that prohibit a motorcycle using the pedal cycle racks. If there are no signs anywhere, take pictures of the road, the cycle racks and of the general area. Many motorcyclists use pedal cycle racks, but local authorities have started to take action and have put signs up.

Come back with more information and then people might be able to advise further.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

And there Is no sign saying motorcycles can park here either.

There are mo signs on.my street saying you cannot commit murder either.

Here is the relevent bit of legislation for you

Section 34 of the Road Traffic Act:

"34 Prohibition of driving motor vehicles elsewhere than on roads

(1) Subject to the provisions of this section, if without lawful authority a person drives a motor vehicle—

(a) on to or upon any common land, moorland or land of any other description, not being land forming part of a road, or

(b) on any road being a footpath or bridleway,

he is guilty of an offence."

So I you cant ride, you cant park as you would of had to ride to get where you are going.

Being an Ex motorbike rider and had a ticket am best qualified.

The answer being the rack was designed for pedal cycles. Motoirbikes will have their own specific bays to chain up off road.

Highway code 244.

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on

the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

In London it is a parking violation to park on the pavement (footway) anywhere, regardless of on road parking, and that includes all publicly accessible areas alongside the road, even areas that look like they belong to businesses etc...