Parking eye ANPR PCN - MACCLESFIELD GENERAL HOSPITAL **CANCELLED BY TRUST**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

September 2016

I visited our local hospital purchased a ticket and left before the ticket expired.

. Although this was after my dads death I parked in the same place i had done loads of times whilst visiting my father who was in and out due to this illness until he succumbed to the disease.

This was 08/09/2016 whilst visiting the fracture clinic

on the 25/11/2016 I received a parking charge notice saying I had parked on private land without appropriate permit/authorisation.

Luckily I had left the ticket in my door though it was two months after

scanned it and sent them via email.

Received a reply that stated I owed the money (£70) which didn't acknowledge the ticket just stating I owed the money.

I have to admit i didn't pay much attention to the dates as I really believed their had been a mistake and the pay machine hadn't worked together with the cameras so I cant be exact on the replies to parking eye, though most were emails.

After some correspondence tennis I appealed to POPLA as they instructed me i could do,

then heard nothing for months and months

then a letter came through saying the £70 was still outstanding.

I contacted them to restate their must be a mistake

I had bought a ticket (attached the image of the ticket showing had paid for the time they stated)

appealed to POPLA as they had told me to do and heard nothing for six months so presumed the matter had been finalised.

They said they had written to me and told me my appeal was rejected (which they never did) and I informed them this did not happen.

Eventually two letters came through the post recently one was a parking charge notice, the other an appeal determination.

Funny thing is the parking charge notice is dated the same day as the appeal rejection letter 25/11/2016.

these were followed by a letter from EQUITA with the usual threats.

I looking to resolve this matter but it appears parking eye are not willing to do so,

what are thoughts on how to resolve this?

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
line breaks added

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 Date of the infringement 08/09/2106

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

Dont have NTK just a lParking charge notice dated 25/11/2016

3 Date received December 2016

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?]

Do not have NTK

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes on PCN

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up you appeal]

Yes I was directed to send the appeal to parking eye which they confirmed they had received

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

The response i received in June this year dated 25/11/2016 same day as the PCN

7 Who is the parking company? Parking EYE

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] MACCLESFIELD GENERAL HOSPITAL (Macclesfield)

I must add that I discarded the original communications after sending them an email with an image of my ticket attached. As mentioned previously I genuinely thought they had made a mistake and after they had seen my ticket that would be the end of it. All other communications have been by email.

So no NTK. Without a NTK theyre stuffed, so long as the driver wasnt identified

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

To Clarify..

Parked in same place I had for number of years whilst visiting my father

After his passing and a few years later visited someone in the fracture clinic and parked in the same place.

Bought a ticket and left before it expired.

Received a letter (PRESUMABLY A NTK) stating I had parked without a ticket

sent them proof of ticket

Still demanded payment said i could appeal which I did electronically

Heard nothing till March stating charge still outstanding, emailed them reattaching ticket image.

07/04.2017 Replied I was parked in a restricted area and should have appealed to POPLA.

Stated they never mentioned POPLA in previous communications and I would have if they had told me that was the correct thing to do

Heard nothing till june this year when letter with PCN and Appeal notice both dated 25/11/2016 came through followed days later by Equita letter with threats

Any advice greatly appreciated.

What date did the NTK state the parking offence was committed, forget parking there for a number of years previous, that's irrelevant.

Specific dates, and facts of when you parked, when you received the NTK, weather you paid on the day for parking or not, what you have received and WHO has sent you this.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Bazooka

I dont have the NTK but the PCN states the 08/09/2016.

I had a relevant parking ticket for this day and the time I parked there.

Parking Eye wrote to me originally (which could have been the NTK) informing me I had parked without a ticket.

As I presumed this was a mistake I sent them proof of my ticket and thought that would be the end of it so discarded whatever this original letter was.

I received a reply stating the money was still owed but to appeal to them I f I thought it just.

Emailed them in December and received a confirmation of the appeal.

I heard nothing further until 07/03/2017 when Parking Eye sent me a letter before court action.

I replied by email March 10 stating I had sent them my ticket and appealed as requested but heard nothing since december.

They replied on the 16/03/2017 stating they would take legal action if I did not pay.

At no point did they acknowledge my ticket but then stated I was parked in a restricted area.

I replied to them stating it was the first I had heard from it and still they had not acknowledged I had a ticket.

In June this year I received both a PCN and appeal rejection both dated 25/11/2016 from Parking Eye

In July i received a letter before court from Equita

Is that the information you require?

if this was an ANPR capture you wouldn't have gotten a notice to keeper

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?476286-Parking-Eye-ANPR-PCN-Lido-car-park-Cliftonville-Kent

look at the scans ^^^^

was this what you got?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry DX

I dont know what the original letter stated but the one I have which came through recently is the same except the bottom paragraph differs in that it states...

The signage which is clearly displayed at the entrance and throughout the car park states that this private land,the car park is managed by Parking eye ltd, as a permit/authorised vehicle car aprk only and that those parking without the appropriate permit/authorisation will incur the parking charge displayed along with other terms and conditions of the car park by which those who park in the car park agree to be bound

By not gaining the appropriate permit/authorisation in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the signage the parking charge is now payable to parking eye ltd by the driver.

We originally wrote to the registered keeper of the vehicle whose details were held by the DVLA at the time of the parking event and they have informed us that you were responsible for this vehicle at the time of the parking event.

As we do not know the drivers name or current address, if you were not the driver at the time you should tell us the name and current address of the driver and pass this notice to them

OK so you do have a ticket for this 'parking event'?

You paid they claim you didn't, sounds like another parking lie folly, what VRN did you enter? Not that it matters, as you paid for the visit.

Keep copies of everything you send/receive, and don't delete those emails!

And please scan and post up what you've received so far.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

In addition to the actions above I would recommend that you do this:

Contact the NHS Trust Patient Advice and Liaison Team (PALS Office) make a complaint, go to the social media sites usually facebook and twitter and post on there about the harassment you are receiving at what is a very stressful and upsetting time for you.

Finally get hold of the name of the person in the NHS Trust that is responsible for the Soft Facilities Management, complain to them, make an official complaint and send some FOI requests in asking for information to back up your opinion that PE are issuing charges without cause.

Just food for thought...

Is the registration on the payment receipt the same as the paperwork?

Obviously cant read redacted info!

Also, and please correct me if your hospital parking eye system is different from my local hospital.

When you drive in you take a ticket and anpr picks you up.

You do what you need to do and then on going out of the hospital you put your ticket in the pay machine, it tells you how much you owe, you pay it and then exit the car park, making the barrier lift by putting your paid ticket into it.

Hi no it's not the same,

in that you park up

buy a ticket and display on your windscreen much the same as in traditional car parks.

The ticket ref number is the same as the a anpr capture and time on the ticket covers the PCN.

Thanks Sgtbush

if I may be so bold as to have a guess at what they are on about

could it be that the charge is for parking in the wrong car park at the hospital?

As they use ANPR they will have a whitelist of all of the staff vehicles (who pay an annual fee taken out of their salary)

and then send a bill to anyone whose vehicle is not on their list.

Can you then please tell us whetehr there are more than 1 car parks and whether it is local to you

as we will need pictures of the signage and the entrances,

th to the hospital as a hole and the various car park areas to determine whether their greed has any basis.

equita are just the errand boys and can be ignored

but you will need to be writing to PA at some point to try and stop them wasting everyones time and effort over this.

I agree with getting the PALS involved

but dont expect them to actually understand the problem at this point,

you will have to tell them very clearly what that is and that letter will be best served after we see the entrances and signage.

Thanks EB

Several Car Parks surround the hospital, front rear and sides.

It isn't a secluded car park for staff as it was a bay on the road at the A and E dept which everyone has to drive past who parks on the front to exit the hospital as it's a one way system.

Not sure I can get down their anytime soon as I have now moved away with work.

Soon as I'm back in the area I will go round and take those photos.

Despite this being in disputed the original charge which was £70 is now £130 which sums these characters up.

Appreciate yours and everyone else's time whose trying to help with this.

Get on to the hospital trust and make a massive fuss regarding the abuse of the system by PE and request that they get the ticket cancelled.

PALS is just a first step,

if they respond negatively you make it clear that you dont accept any liability as the contractual conditon of paying to park was adhered to and no other condition has created any liability to PE or anyone else and you are quite happy to make the matter public.

well done everyone.

dx

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

or by downloading our toolbar and using it to search the web instead of your normal search engine:-

http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php

Please help.

and they