• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

2 Excel PCNs Peel Centre Stockport appeal rejected **WON CHARGES CANCELLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received 2 parking charge notices from Excel Parking for alleged contraventions of their conditions.

The first was for parking on 15/05/2017 and the PCN issue date was 06/06/2017

the second was for parking on 17/5/2017 and the PCN issue date was 05/06/2017.

There is absolutely no question that the appropriate tickets were purchased, displayed correctly and we did not overstay their duration.

On one occasion my partner purchased the ticket and the other I did,

so it would be doubtful if we inputted the wrong registration number although as the last letter of our registration is O it may have been possible that we both inputted a 0 (zero)

I appealed these PCN’s (and may have implicated the driver i.e. stating the purchaser of the ticket) but they have both been rejected on the basis that no similar registration numbers were found in their system at that time.

Their ‘independent’ appeals service is IAS who I believe from internet searches are an ‘in house’ company which rarely uphold appeals.

I have now requested logs from the machine as I have now discovered (from another forum) that other people have had the same issue during that period in May 2017.

I now have only a few days until the 14 day dead line for appeals is up before they increase the charge from £60 to £100 for each notice.

If I can get any help on this forum which will help me sort this situation I will happily donate half the saving i.e. £60 to the forum fund.

Don't worry about silly deadline.

They have lost numerous times in court

Type in peel centre in the search CAG box in the top red toolbar

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as you appealed you have thrown away the protection the law gives you if you have indicated that you were either the driver or the ticket purchaser.

If you said the ticket purchaser and spoke about everything in the third party you are safe as they cannot infer anything

Both of these claims were too late for the POFA to allow a keeper liability

appealing is something you should not have done as it only encourages them to continue with their demands.

From now on you do nothing but you will come back here as soon as you get another letter from them or anyone else regarding this matter. You dont contact them before taking advice

Edited by dx100uk

Thanks for your reply dx100uk

I have followed the link and surprised by the amount of issues there are relating to this car park and Excel.

There is a lot of varying advice on these threads and I suspect some of it may be out of date as Excel's appeals are now dealt with by IAS and not the approved bodies.

Without wanting to prejudice yourself do you think my best option would now be to ignore all further threats until summoned to court,

when I could then request all the relevant information such as their authority to implement charges, planning permission for signage etc, etc

Or do you think i should request this in an appeal to IAS?

Any further thoughts would be really appreciated

Thanks ericsbrother

I feel such a fool having replied in such a naive way without thoroughly investigating the situation further.

My naive reply:

I have visited this parking site on 2 occasions recently and have received PCN notices on each occasion ( PCN ... 06/06/2017 the other occasion) and cannot understand the reason for receiving these notices.

We have definitely paid and displayed our tickets and not over stayed our time.

On the first occasion my partner obtained the ticket and on this one I obtained the ticket

so do not think we both could have made any errors with the registration number.

We are both in our sixties and sometimes find the machines which ask for registration numbers confusing and wonder if there could be any other reason why these notices have been issued?

Talk about shooting oneself in the foot!!!!!!

I would reiterate that parking tickets were definitely purchased

As registered keeper of the vehicle I have requested logs from the machines and stated that I believe the machine to be at fault

i will await further communications from Excel

I have researched the internet on IAS hence my post on here.

I genuinely thought the likes of Excel and IAS were reputable companies

problem with google searches is that they throw up all the stuff that the target co want to tell you first and then when you get through a few papges of irrelevant and outdated stuff you only find the bad news buried in other articles.

The keyword dynamics of the search engines bias the result toward those that pay them for their prominence.

You will need to tailor your searches more carefully to get only relevant info.

Have a read of the Parking Prankster's blogspot, you will find plenty about the IPC/IAS and their directors relationships.

now you have been woken up I reiterate my advice

- let thyem do the chasing for the moment,

it will cost them money to keep writing to you.

You may get letters from their pet debt collecting agencies like Debt recovery Plus but these people have no authority or right to do anything other than send out scary letters.

you will also see that the amout of money demanded increases because they have added a wodge to the demand without any lawful reason for doing so.

They do this because they think if you are fooled by the title of Debt Collector you will think that the extra money demanded must have some reasoning behind it.

Not true and they know it but it keeps the cost to the parking cowboys down.

afeter that they tend to use Gladstones Solicitors (who are the IPC in a summer frock) or BW legal and occasionally like to chance their arm by engaing with you directly again.

This is usually when you need to be strident in a response,

everything up to this point is hot air but we do like to let them know that no monies are due because their incompetence and dishonesty demanding some desnt automatically make it proper

Edited by dx100uk

I genuinely thought the likes of Excel and IAS were reputable companies.....

no PPC or ANY DCA are reputable

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

they both solely exist to spoof people out of money

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk and ericsbrother

An update.

Before benefiting from your valued advice ...

I requested from Excel logs from the ticketing machine (see my original post)

they have now responded to my request but failed to mention or provide the logs.

They have referred to my request as my ‘Appeal (Representation)’ and have given ME additional time to provide evidence of the ticket purchase before increasing their ‘charges’

I will continue to ignore

Here is an article from the Parking Prankster which you may have already seen but it does strengthen your hand.

Excel finally admit ticket was "issued in error" at Peel Centre

The Peel Centre, Stockport is the worst run car park in the whole country. It is managed by Excel Parking Services who are owned and run by Simon Renshaw-Smith. S R-S sits on the board of the International Parking Community, where he helps set policy.

The Prankster previously reported a mysterious error at The Peel Centre around the 13/14 May where charges were issued to motorists who purchased tickets.

Although early reports were that Excel was not cancelling these charges it appears they have had a change of mind. This post on MSE tells all:

My daughter appealed the ticket, and quoted the number of people on here and other forums who had been issued a ticket when using the same machine on similar dates.

The appeal has been upheld with the company withdrawing the claim as the ticket was "issued in error"

Prankster Note

Excel have not provided any information on what the error was, how they intend to fix it in future, or whether they will be refunding motorists who have paid in error.

The Prankster considers this is not acceptable.

Happy Parking

The Parking Prankster

I would be respopnding to Excel pointing out the prankster's postings

and let them know you are well aware of many of the other claims they have lost

and that although your letter was a statement of facts

and not an appeal

you wont be cowed into paying them monies that are not due,

especially as they know that it is their error that has lead to this in the first place

and you will be pleased to see their evidence in a courtroom if they are too lazy to look for it now.

Thanks for your comments lookinforinfo and ericsbrother, they are really appreciated.

I will compile a carefully worded response to Excel over the weekend noting the above comments.

Also stating the stress and anxiety this situation has caused me.

I will also forward letters of complaints to whoever runs the Peel Centre, Trading Standards, DVLA for divulging my information and any other relevant organisations i can find

An update on the 2 PCNs issued against my vehicle during May 2017.

I have written to Excel Parking Services quoting the numerous websites (including this one) that have recorded similar issues with the malfunctioning ticket machine at the Peel Centre.

I also repeated my request for the logs from the ticketing machine and stated that I was fully prepared to defend these notices in court and would not be bullied by threats of increased penalties and cost associated in pursuant of these false claims.

I have also written explaining the situation to owners and managers of the parking i.e. Peel Land and Property at Stockport and their head office at the Trafford Centre along with emails to Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council, Stockport Trading Standards and Stockport Citizens Advice Bureau

I have today received emails from Vehicle Control Services Ltd (same address as Excel Parking cancelling the Charge Notices

The reason stated:

After a thorough investigation of the events surrounding the issue of the CN, combined with the evidence held on our internal systems; we can confirm that the Charge Notice has been cancelled with immediate effect.

We trust you find this outcome satisfactory and thank you for your future co-operation.

Many thanks to everyone on this forum for your invaluable advice.

If I can be of any help to others please post on here or send me a personal message.

no post here PM advice is against rules

and they

good win well done

and they

good result.

The power of advertising

- they knew they were stuck as soon as you made it known that you were aware of their ticket machine problems and chicanery.

I hope that TS look into this as demanding a penalty payment when they know that it is their actions that are wrong is close to being a criminal act

Thanks again everybody.

I don't think this is the end of the matter as far as Excel and Vehicle Control Services are concerned.

I will keep everyone updated on any further developments or responses from Trading Standards etc.

Hi ericsbrother

Tried to send you a pm but I have not posted the requisite 30 times but be assured I am not dropping the matter.

You don't need advice by PM, peakview. Please continue to post on your thread and EB or others will help you. :) We recommend that all advice is kept in the public arena for various reasons.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

No advice sought by PM honeybee just an explanation to ericsbrother of my course of action. This may be legally sensitive at this time.

OK, I understand.

If you would like a message to be passed to EB, you could send a PM to one of the site team.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum