No right turn (during X hours) - traffic offence - Ealing Connell Crescent, ignoring no entry sign Task Enforcement Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unlike in the majority of cases that I receive on a daily basis, you have updated your address details in a very timely manner. Accordingly, in your Out of Time witness statement you need to emphasis that you have acted responsibly. Also, you have not outlined the reason why you had not submitted the witness statement any earlier. At the very least, you should be putting something along the following lines:

I was unable to to file this statement any sooner as I only became aware of this penalty charge notice on (enter date) when (explain how to came to know of the debt)"

You could then add something like this:

From enquiries that I have now made, it has revealed that my vehicle had been involved in a road traffic contravention on 28th November 2016 and that all notices from London Borough of Ealing had been sent to my previous address at xxxxx. Unfortunately, I did not receive any of the notices as I had moved from that address 4 days later (on 2nd December 2016).

In regards to my address details with DVLA, I would like to bring to the court's attention that I updated both my driving licence and V5C with DVLA approx 4 weeks after moving into my current address. As evidence, I am attaching a copy of my V5C.

Etc, etc.

I am now aware that my vehicle Y7XXXXX had been involved in a road traffic contravention on 28/11/2016 and that all notices from London Borough of Ealing had been sent to my previous address but that I had not received any of these notices as I had moved from that address 02/12/2016. All my documents, including DVLA, car reg, bank accounts and insurance documents were updated in January 2017.

I only became aware of this penalty charge notice on 07/07/2017 when my previous landlord contacted me that a letter from task enforcement was delivered to my previous address. From enquiries that I have now made,

it has revealed that my vehicle had been involved in a road traffic contravention on 28/11/2016 and that all notices from London Borough of Ealing had been sent to my previous address at Flat XX, XX Street, XXX. Unfortunately, I did not receive any of the notices as I had moved from that address on 2nd December 2016.

In regards to my address details with DVLA, I would like to bring to the court's attention that I updated both my driving licence and V5C with DVLA mid-January 2017. As evidence, I am attaching a copy of my V5C. Some delay was due to the festive holiday period but I tried my level best to act reasonably.

I request your office for the warrant of control held by the bailiff to be revoked, the court registration cancelled and for the local authority to 'rewind' the penalty charge notice back to the initial stage to allow me to either

pay at the earlier discounted rate or to appeal the ticket.

?

I have spoken with them and made payment of £278, the first matter is closed and the second matter is on-going.

Excellent news. You now need to concentrate on getting the second penalty charge rewound back to the Notice to Owner stage to allow you the opportunity to pay at the earlier discounted rate. It's important therefore to get your Out of Time witness statement for this debt completely drafted.

PS: The 2nd letter from Task allows you until 13th July to make payment. You don't have to get the forms to the Traffic Enforcement Centre today...tomorrow would be fine. It's more important to get the forms drafted properly.

Thank you so much. I have been trying to get this done today as I am our of London tomorrow and day after and also I have an appointment at county court already. I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience here but if you are happy with the drafted matter. I can print and take it along with me to have it witnessed.

I can always add (not delete) some more details to the reason later today or tomorrow before sending, just cautious of time and have it attested with court.

Edited by no1sbusiness

Thank you so much. I have been trying to get this done today as I am our of London tomorrow and day after and also I have an appointment at county court already. I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience here but if you are happy with the drafted matter. I can print and take it along with me to have it witnessed.

I can always add (not delete) some more details to the reason later today or tomorrow before sending, just cautious of time and have it attested with court.

I can now understand the reason why you need to get the forms witnessed today. Are you certain that you need to be submitting the PE2 and PE3 (Statutory Declaration) instead of the TE7 and TE9 (Witness Statement).

Just to confirm, you cannot add or delete any words from the PE2 and PE3 after the forms have been witnessed.

oh I have no idea about TE7 and TE9. I will prepare whichever one you think is best. I only suggested PE2 and 3 as TEC sent them to me when I spoke with them before. I also understand that I cannot add or delete any words once they have been witnessed. Thank you for point it out.

oh I have no idea about TE7 and TE9. I will prepare whichever one you think is best. I only suggested PE2 and 3 as TEC sent them to me when I spoke with them before. I also understand that I cannot add or delete any words once they have been witnessed. Thank you for point it out.

The forms are determined by the type of contravention. To be on the safe side, I would suggest that you call the Traffic Enforcement Centre. They will tell you which forms.

The problem with the PE2 and PE3 is that the forms require that your signature is witnessed. This has been a problem for many years, not least because, if a vehicle is clamped (or removed) it can be difficult to travel to a firm of solicitors to get the forms witnessed. By comparison, the TE7 and TE9 is a witness statement and your signature does not require witnessing.

The PE2 and PE3 were due to be revoked a short while ago but the legislation was put on hold pending the general election. It's hoped that the legislation will still go ahead.

I finally managed to speak with TEC. They say I need to submit PE2 and PE3 via email for them to hold enforcement. I have both forms filled with the matter as discussed above. I have them witnessed by the local county council office. I am due to email them to TEC along with scanned copy of V5 and my Driving licence.

Fingers crossed.