Barclays Personal Loan

lockhart1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Just after some thoughts.

My dad went to a Barclays branch in 2008 to take out a business loan

The branch staff member stated that he could not take out a business loan to start up his business

As an alternative, the staff member suggested just taking out a personal loan in my mums name as my dads credit file was terrible - despite him knowing it was for business purposes.

They went ahead with this advice.

My mum and dad have since split up and she's left with this loan amongst other debts he's left her with.

Obviously with it being a loan it's in her name only and she is liable for it.

She's in financial difficulty and I am trying everything I can do to sort everything out.

My main concern here is that the staff were happy with a personal loan being taken out for business purposes and stated 'just pretend it's for house renovations'. This was in fact their idea too.

Might not be anything, might be something, but during such a difficult time I'm not leaving any stone unturned.

Further information .....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?479077-Barclays-unknown-debts

Was the debts not reviewed at the time of the split....either legally or amicably ?

How much is the loan for and what its age and term?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Was the debts not reviewed at the time of the split....either legally or amicably ?

How much is the loan for and what its age and term?

Regards

Andy

I don't think she has a leg to stand on legally because the loan is in her name only. The loan is down to around the £4,500 mark but I'm unsure on the agreed term.

It's not something that can be resolved between them because when brought into discussion it's avoided. Because of various problems he's not able to contact her as he has been warned by the police. This has left me in the middle to pick up the pieces (yay).

Thanks

Thanks ...just viewed your other thread in relation to the whole problem.

I would send a section 77 CCA request for starters and take a look at this dubious application to make sure all is in order.

Is this being paid direct or through PP ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks ...just viewed your other thread in relation to the whole problem.

I would send a section 77 CCA request for starters and take a look at this dubious application to make sure all is in order.

Is this being paid direct or through PP ?

Thanks for viewing the other thread.

All debts are being paid through PP at this moment in time. I'm looking into writing up an SAR tonight. I'll take a look at a section 77 CCA in a moment.

Thanks

But is PP paying BC or a DCA ?

But is PP paying BC or a DCA ?

The one displaying 'LINK' is a DCA originally with BC.

The rest are displaying 'Barclays' so I can only assume they are still with BC/Barclays.

Thanks

If Mums BC business loan is with link ..then the Section 77 goes to link assuming its been legally assigned to them...if they cant comply with the request I would consider stopping payments if they fail to respond to your request...as they usually cant....thats one less off the list.:wink:

If Mums BC business loan is with link ..then the Section 77 goes to link assuming its been legally assigned to them...if they cant comply with the request I would consider stopping payments if they fail to respond to your request...as they usually cant....thats one less off the list.:wink:

It's a personal loan because they would not give my dad a business loan and made this suggestion to take out a personal loan in mums name.

Barclays suggested lying and say that the loan is being used to renovate the house despite their knowledge that it would be used for a business and not for personal purposes. Do you think we should log a complaint about this or would this be a waste of time?

As far as I know personal loans cannot be used for businesses and considering they gave this advice they're out of line imo.

Do you think this could be considered misselling?

Thanks

Yes I know its a personal loan...but it was used as a business loan...but all thats irrelevant....see my last post

Yes I know its a personal loan...but it was used as a business loan...but all thats irrelevant....see my last post

I see. The personal loan is still with Barclays at the moment.

The LINK debt is for a Barclaycard but on that note I could proceed with a section 78 CCA for that one couldn't I?

In relation to the loan which is still with Barclays, should I not pursue a complaint in relation to the whole personal/business fiasco?

I've got quite a bit of work to do on this mess so I don't want to waste any efforts if I don't need to.

Thanks

I see. The personal loan is still with Barclays at the moment. Excellent so a section 77 to BC

The LINK debt is for a Barclaycard but on that note I could proceed with a section 78 CCA for that one couldn't I? If its a credit card yes...send to Link

In relation to the loan which is still with Barclays, should I not pursue a complaint in relation to the whole personal/business fiasco? No need to a section 77 request cuts all that out..they either comply or dont...if they cant ..no pay.

I've got quite a bit of work to do on this mess so I don't want to waste any efforts if I don't need to.Well it takes time to sort out so you will need patience and is worthwhile if you can ease the problems for Mum.

Thanks

Andy

Hi LH,

It'll help us if you only discuss one topic per thread.

Let us know which thread is about a BC a/c and we'll move it to the BC forum.

Also if you were charged penalties on the BC or a Barclays Loan a/c, you can look to reclaim the penalties PLUS compound interest at a nominal rate (19.9% or 24.9%) have both succeeded here, as well as 29.9%. But you will need to take court action to recover this, just like many have done in the past.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)