style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Question for a friend of mine.

They have a blue badge yesterday they parked on double yellow lines, put their clock and badge up.

When they got back they had a parking ticket Contravention Code 02 "Parked or loading/unloading in a restricted street where waiting and loading/unloading restrictions are in force"

They then spotted on a wall sign as shown on pic, does this cover the whole street

no-loading-at-any-time-street-sign-d0yh7w.jpg

Street map view here

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/St+George's+St,+Ipswich+IP1+3NF/@52.060679,1.1502506,3a,75y,115.21h,77.56t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1suDDTJaJmBkoEZNfJIOtElA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d9a1d2889469df:0x1fc90e383fe79894!8m2!3d52.0606!4d1.150216

Have they any grounds to appeal?

Assuming they were on that short stretch of double yellows, there is a loading ban indicated by the sign, and to further signify the ban, chevrons along the kerb. You can't use a Blue Badge to park where a loading ban is in force.

It's worth remembering this in future - double kerb chevrons mean all the time, single ones only at certain times (check the signs).

I don't see grounds as such, but there's a right to appeal. A polite, apologetic letter explaining what happened might get a discretionary cancellation.