npower Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After moving house nearly two years ago We've had a problem with npower and their bills which is still going on and they are now threatening us with court action.

In Aug 2015 the previous owner didn't cancel/close their account at the address we've moved into.

We have received bills since Aug 2015 which are all addressed to this address except for four addressed to "THE OCCUPIER".

We have bills addressed to here but to FOUR different account numbers and TBH we don't even know where to start!

We complained to npower firstly in March 2016 about this to no avail and then again in April 2017 and the complaint is still showing as being open on their system.

We have now received a bill for over £500 and a red letter threatening court action.

I know we owe them something but would like to make sure it's correct and not someone else's.

Just rang again and they still have our old house phone number as the contact number even though they've been ringing us here at our new residence!

Talk about confused.

Npower again. I have to say that we haven't heard about them for so long I thought they must have gone out of business. Clearly they haven't and clearly there are up to their old tricks.

I think you should begin by sending them an SAR. This is the first step that anyone should take when having trouble with any utility supplier or telecoms supplier.

Secondly, you should check your credit file.

Our Npower actually your supplier now?

Please can you give us a detailed chronology as to what has happened.