Daniels Silverman and employment...cancelled BP Petrol cards scheme debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a phone call from an ex colleague who is still employed with the same employer that I was.

Brief description

the employer uses BP Petrol cards for the fleet petrol needs.

He filled up and the card was declined.

He left his details and contacted his manager on return.

It seem the employer has now stopped using BP and the manager failed to notify the employees in the office. This manager states he has to pay it.

He has now received a letter from this Daniels Silverman and the amount has been doubled.

Now i know Daniels Silverman can sod off and with their fees etc being no more than a DCA

My question is

how best to deal with the employer as they are responsible for this mess being he is still currently employed with them, and what if he does receive a claim form from either Daniels Silverman or from BP?

In writing, asking for clarification as he was not informed fuel cards weren't to be used until xxxx date, and to advise of which internal policy or term in contract of employment is being relied up. Preferably with help from his rep.

Why couldn't the maager have given him a fuel card on the new scheme to use same day, and square it all up?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

He needs to ask his employer in writing for guidance, I would say!

I'd have paid up at the time myself.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

He needs to ask his employer in writing for guidance, I would say!

I'd have paid up at the time myself.

Ditto - pay it yourself and submit the receipt as a petty cash claim or ask for reimbursement by payroll. The escalation appears to be that additional fees have been levied

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!