Are Foxes a Threat To Cats.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are foxes a threat to cats?

Well Tawnyowl get up at strange times of the day lately.

Got up about half two this morning i find it quite an interesting time to write a few tales, peace and quiet.

Plus as i am not working in construction anymore do not seem to need as much sleep.

Well, that is my answer to anyone who asks what are you doing up this time of day.

My cat Fang had been out most of the night so i decided to call him in to give him a piece of Tuna, a treat.

Opening my front door i called out Fang where are you with the usual chhh chhh chhh we all call out.

He would not come in he usually does.

Then i spotted him, what did you spot old owl.

Only a beautiful fox, a fine looking beast. A full grown Fox, big bushy tail looked in fine health.

Spotted one not long ago next to a railway line smaller and looked quite old.They must have a sixth sense turned its head to look at me as if to say you are a little nosey then trotted off without a care in the world.

This one did the same we exchanged looks then he just trotted off down the road.

Then my cat came in.

Now knowing Fang my cat as i do if i was a fox i would not attempt to kill him because he would stick his claws straight into his nose.

Then i thought i wonder if other people think foxes kill cats.

So doing a little research it seems not.Maybe you know different.

But i really am not worried at all now after reading this article .

Main points being.

It’s possible but very unlikely. A typical urban fox home range can be also occupied by upwards of 100 cats, and most of these are out at night. Foxes and cats meet many times every night, and invariably ignore each other.

When a fight does break out, it’s often the fox that comes off worse in the encounter.

Article.

https://cat-behaviour-and-cat-grooming.com/2014/08/29/are-foxes-a-threat-to-cats-a-study-by-certified-cat-behaviourist-anita-kelsey/

79 (5 in 10,000 cats) confirmed and 130

(9 in 10,000 cats) suspected fox fights with cats from 145,808

VetCompass cats since Jan 1st 2010 until Feb 2013 (14 in 10,000 overall).

This compares with 541 per 10,000 for cats presented with cat bite injuries and 196 in 10,000 cats being presented following a road traffic accident.

Only found one and it was weak.

because the fox is an opportunist and would have preyed on something they considered weaker

(his cat, as well as being old, was completely deaf).

The natural prey of a fox is not a cat and in most cases a fox would not attempt to kill

In fact i am hearing that cats have chased foxes away from their property.

Cats takes on a fox

Cat vs Fox who will win?

After all that maybe the fox would need an ambulance.

It just so happens.

The Fox Project

Southern Wildlife Ambulance Network – Charity No. 1044928

http://foxproject.org.uk/

I actually like foxes, used to see them a lot where lived before, only seen one here and that was walking on the railway line, detest fox hunting, so cruel and barbaric

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

My wife used to feed a family of foxes at the back of our house, they would come and sit for about half an hour at almost the same time every night.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

watchout for fleas though on your cat.

fox cubs are rife wit them..

my old cat now 13

played for years with each lot of cubs our local foxes had down south

got lots of video and photos

it got to the stage of several generations down

that the foxes learned to bat our cat flap to get fed.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Some nice stories coming out,enjoying reading them.

I remember seeing these first two videos a few years back so just rooted them out.

First one was a fox called Cropper.

He was injured and this chap looked after him.

Then when Cropper passed away he met another fine fox called Jack

But what is it like to live with a Fox.

I would think i would only be worried if i disturbed a Fox who had cubs very near by.

Under a shed a place like that.In the wild.

But no doubt they would soon let you know.

When I lived in Kent, had a Goldie name of Sheba... one evening she appeared quite agitated in the back garden - pacing back and forward by a corner.. she wouldnt let us anywhere near to the corner and for the first time ever, showed her teeth to us... We did manage to encourage her away for a few moments to see what she was guarding. And there safely tucked away behind the bush were 3 fox cubs. We went back into the house and let Sheba continue her guarding, whilst watching her from the kitchen window. Not long after the Vixen arrived back through the hole in the back fence and one by one she carried off her young.

This happened a few nights running and we wondered whether the Vixen knew that Sheba would look after her cubs whilst she went off foraging for food. The same thing happened the following year. Just for a few nights and then no more.

A couple of years later Sheba passed away and we had just adopted another dog. We were sat in our dining room with the back door open and hubby said - keep very still and dont let Merlin (new dog) off your lap, try and turn your head to the back door... this I did and there was the Vixen, she looked around the kitchen as though looking for Sheba, noticed she wasnt there and just took off - we never saw her again. I wonder if she knew her baby sitter had gone forever.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

TO, why are you feeding your cat tuna at 2.30 am in the morning !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That is very funny, TO. Did you see the one following it, the kitten that was protecting his dish :lol:

BCOBS

I live in a small town in the countryside and we never see foxes. Urban foxes and rural foxes are the same but different. I regularly hear the cries of fox cubs in the small wooded area at the back of my home but I have lived in this area for 6 years now and nothing. No sightings except for the ones at the side of the road killed by cars. Occasionally I hear the sound of shotguns. Not sure if it is a hunt or just people on a shoot to lear the land of vermin.

I have seen plenty of deer including a pair of white stags and the odd muntjac around. There was one three legged muntjac that thrived for many years.

I hear owls every night, Not sure if it is a TawnyOwl or not :lol: and of course the bloody squirrels (grey not red) I also have blackbirds, rooks and ravens nesting in the trees. Every night they come home to roost, have a chat then as soon as the light goes, they shut up but until then we have about an hour of unmitigated noise.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Occasionally
I hear the sound of shotguns. Not sure if it is a hunt or just people on a shoot to lear the land of vermin.

Investigation time silverfox:wink:a apt name for such a thread.I would be out with my deerstalker and binoculars and camouflage to see who is shooting from a safe distance of course.

I have seen plenty of deer including a pair of white stags and the odd muntjac around. There was one three legged muntjac that thrived for many years.

I hear owls every night, Not sure if it is a TawnyOwl or not :lol: and of course the bloody squirrels (grey not red) I also have blackbirds, rooks and ravens nesting in the trees. Every night they come home to roost, have a chat then as soon as the light goes, they shut up but until then we have about an hour of unmitigated noise.

Lucky to live in the countryside,just reminded me i had a close encounter the other day with a Grey Heron been trying for ages to get close to one.

Examined it carefully they have orange eyes.And a fine set of legs.

Really checked it out.I shall put the video on in a while.Also was filming one for hours,they hardly move them all of a sudden off they dive after a fish.

While filming a crow attacked the Heron or tried to as well.A right old argument developed.

Going to make one out of Driftwood,i made one called Henry but someone bought it,drat .

Really enjoying these stories arriving about foxes,nature peoples experiences brightens the day.

People should write them down so they remember ,share them with others.Fascinating tales of the unexpected.