Teletex Holiday Miss-selling

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could you please help.

I got a quote from teletex holidays for a hotel advertised on their site as The Annabella Diamond &spa annexe. This is a 5 star hotel with amazing reviews and pictures of the hotel. In the description of the hotel, it tells you about the hotel, how many rooms and also indicates there is a separate annexe, (but does not elaborate). The teletex operative was very pushy for me to book and I told him to call back after 5 as I was working and I would be in the car.

He called me back whilst I was driving, (I have hands free) and I decided to go ahead with the quote. He was on the phone ages pushing buttons and booking the holiday. I told him numerous times, I was driving and when he required payment I would pull over. He asked me to read the booking quote which I told him I could not AS I WAS IN THE CAR, I eventually got home and sat outside the house in the car finishing the booking, which was going on and on. He asked me to read the quote and I said I couldn’t as I was in the car, and he said he would read it out, as it had to be correct, When he got to the hotel part, he said the booking was with the Annabella park hotel but this was the same hotel, which he said numerous times.

We completed the booking and I went in the house. When I got into the house I checked on the web and it became apparent that on teletex site they have two hotels on their site. The Annabella Diamond and spa annexe 5 star and the Annabella Park Hotel 4 star., I straight away called customer services but could not get through. I got hold of them the following morning and again they said it was the same hotel but we were in the annexe which is called a different name and we could use the facilities except for the main bar.

I emailed and called and eventually spoke to an operative, who told me that although teletex are advertising these as different hotels, that infact they are the same hotel, with the annexe being called the Anabella park. He told me I had got what I was quoted for. I told him that I didn’t, when I asked for the quote I was looking at the pictures, of the Annabella Diamond Hotel &spa annexe and I was looking at the hotel description, facilities, pictures and reviews for this hotel a 5 star hotel. And now what I have actually got which was never said to me was an annexe of the Diamond with a different name and only 4 stars.

Surely this is miss-selling. I told him I wanted my money back and he said you have booked non-refundable rooms. If you look at the teletex site, the pictures of the diamond and the park are the same, but on other sites they are different. He also kept waffling about them being the suppliers picture and not theirs, but at the end of the day, I booked with teletex, who are selling the holiday, and teletex who took my money.

Could someone please clarify. Sorry its long.

I have attached the hotel from their site.anna.pdf

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

At the top of the PDF it says annexe and if this is the ad you booked against, then it seems clear to me.

I stayed in a hotel in New Zealand with two different parts. One was the posh 5 star wing and the other where i stayed was a 4 star wing. The hotel name was the same. This is not unusual for hotel resorts to offer different rated packages. If you visit many hotel booking sites, you will see this in most large hotels, with pricing being massively different. The good thing about paying the 4 star rate is that you have almost exactly the same accommodation and access to facilities, but are not paying the 5 star cost, which might include a few extras e.g VIP bar, free spa treatment.

Did you pay the 5 star spa rate ? If so, you have reason to complain.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It's hard to say as the quote is for the Annabelle diamond 5 star and the booking is for the Annabelle park 4 starr, but teletex are saying its the same hotel. It's confusing.

It's hard to say as the quote is for the Annabelle diamond 5 star and the booking is for the Annabelle park 4 starr, but teletex are saying its the same hotel. It's confusing.

If this was an ATOL package arrangement, then the exact terms should be confirmed.

Visit the hotel website and check the rates. Try to compare with what you paid.

I suspect Teletext were only offering the 4 star package and this is what was being taken forward. The confusion is then that the hotel offers both 5 star and 4 star arrangements, with the pictures obviously being the same, as it is the same hotel.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Not sure I understand what you were saying in the first sentence. When I read the name Annabella Diamond & spa anexe to me it reads that the spa is the annexe?

Was the arrangement ATOL protected ? Is this a package of flights and accommodation ? You have more protection, if you are arranging a package.

Not convinced yet of miss-selling. Did anyone tell you that what you were paying for was 5 star accommodation or was this an assumption you made, as the hotel does offer some 5 star accommodation ?

The Annabelle diamond & spa annexe, is given 5 stars on their site this is why I chose it. In their description it says 96 rooms over 7 floors and a further annex building. It does not say this annexe is only 4 star and you can not use the facilities in the main hotel. Also I was never given both options. I tried to resolve it saying I wanted to be in the diamond bit but have not Goya any where at the moment . To the person booking it comes across as your booking the 5 star hotel. :???:

Looking at the PDF again, there are 2 ads. One for the smaller spa annexe ( 5 stars) and one for the main hotel (4 star).

Were you made clear what you were paying for ?

Would need to see what you originally responded to.

The first add the Annabelle diamond & spa annexe is the one I used to book with, this is the 5 star that we wanted. The second add is for the Annabelle park 4 star Which they booked. I had never seen this add or asked about this add until after teletex booked it.

The first add the Annabelle diamond & spa annexe is the one I used to book with, this is the 5 star that we wanted. The second add is for the Annabelle park 4 star Which they booked. I had never seen this add or asked about this add until after teletex booked it.

So your complaint is that when Teletext came back to you, that they should have said that the advert you replied to was not available and they were offering the 4 star option instead. This might have been at a lower cost. You then had a choice whether to accept it or not.

I can see there has been confusion with the booking. Can only suggest that you make a complaint in writing to Teletext head office by recorded delivery post or email. Make it clear that you responded to their Spa annexe offer and that the person who phoned you offered the same hotel without explaining that they were changing it to the main hotel, not the spa annexe. Because they did not make it clear, you presumed that the arrangement was for the spa annexe and are now really disappointed.

It also says on another site that Annabelle park guests are not allowed to use the restaurants and bars at the Annabelle diamond and they also have the two hotels listed separately diamond 5 star and park 4 star with two different prices .

It also says on another site that Annabelle park guests are not allowed to use the restaurants and bars at the Annabelle diamond and they also have the two hotels listed separately diamond 5 star and park 4 star with two different prices .

So that forms another part to your complaint. They did not explain real differences to your holiday.

You might have grounds to reject and get full refund. What they sold you, was not the advert you responded to. Ask Teletext for a copy of the telephone conversation recording.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning. Just a little update. I have teletex complaints department dealing with this. They have admitted that i have been sold the wrong hotel, and they are going back to the supplier. Teletex supplier are saying because its a non-refundable room i can not be moved or get my money back and teletex are trying to sort it with them telling them its not my fault. I am right in saying that my contract is with teletex, and not with their supplier, that teletex miss sold the hotel, so it is up to them to sort it, and then sort whatever with their supplier. I have told them that i want an answer back by the end of play today, as it has been going on for over two weeks now.

Good Morning. Just a little update. I have teletex complaints department dealing with this. They have admitted that i have been sold the wrong hotel, and they are going back to the supplier. Teletex supplier are saying because its a non-refundable room i can not be moved or get my money back and teletex are trying to sort it with them telling them its not my fault. I am right in saying that my contract is with teletex, and not with their supplier, that teletex miss sold the hotel, so it is up to them to sort it, and then sort whatever with their supplier. I have told them that i want an answer back by the end of play today, as it has been going on for over two weeks now.

Yep up to Teletext to resolve. They will have to refund in full if necessary, as they made the wrong booking.