• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Barclaycard selling off old Egg Credit Card to Robinson Way

Sev
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I received yesterday a lengthy letter from Barclaycard regarding Egg credit card.

It told me that they now had my account, and that back in April I should have received notification that the Egg card was being sold to barclaycard.

I am concerned as I haven't received any such notice, and moreover, am in a current agreement to repay both my barclaycard Visa and Mastercard debts off. However they have not stopped interest on either card, only reducing the interest to 2 percent.

Has anyone else had experience of this or received notifications back in April?

Hi Sev,

This takeover has been known about for some time but perhaps you didn't get told by \egg in the normal way because the a/c's are in arrears.

If you have an existing repayment arrangement, you should continue to pay as normal and see how long BC accept this.

Are you being charged 2% per month?

Have you already reclaimed all default charges on both a/c's.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

No Slick I haven't, and thanks for your reply.

I have been paying 10 pounds per month to egg as a token amount for several years. I just stuck to my guns as it was all I had and still have.

Barclaycard wouldn't budge, you know the form Mercers ringing three times a day, each operator pretending that they didn't know that someone had called as 'the system hasn't updated' - on all three of the contact numbers they had.

Barclays wouldn't take a token payment. They in essence forced a payment of 50 pounds and after six months unfroze the interest on the account. Now they charge 2 percent on the payment I make.

It's just another example of how Barclays have no intention of helping or caring about those in debt.

I can just see it all kicking off again now that they have the account.

You need to start the reclaiming process by getting hold of your statements with a SAR, if you don't already have them.

If you have all your a/c statements, gather all the default charges data and put it onto a spreadsheet, which will be your Schedule of Charges (SOC).

By starting the reclaim process, you can tell Mercers to back off as the a/c will be in dispute. If they persist, report BC and Mercers to the FOS.

Read some of the *WON* BC threads here to see how it's done - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Barclays-BCard-and-Woolwich-successes

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks Slick I'll get onto it right away.

The agreement wasn't with mercers but with BC themselves, as it was the only way Mercers would stop.

Ironically they are the only ones who are showing as payment agreement on my credit report. Everyone else just files the obligatory default.

• 5 years later...

This week I received a letter from Barclaycard stating that the egg credit card account they took over back in 2011 will now be sold off to Robinson Way.

I've dealt with Robinson Way before and so I know them of old, and they don't do reason.

The situation as it stands is as follows.

I came to an agreement with Egg back in 2006 for reduced payment when I couldn't afford the debt any longer.

I paid them a token amount every month via bank transfer, not DD.

When the account was bought by Barclaycard I rang them and asked about making payment - they couldn't give me any details of payment or account numbers.

I continued to make payments to the original account details till 2013. The last payment going out on 3rd Jul 2013.

I'm just wondering where I stand with this - as it stands.

In retrospect I don't even think that the payments I did make throughout 2012 to jul 2013 ever reached Barclaycard and when I did try to call they did actually say that the debt wasn't something on their radar, which makes me think that now they're doing housekeeping and just selling off old rubbish they couldn't be bothered to deal with before now.

All advice gratefully received.

I need to do acredit report as I haven't done one for many years, and as yet I haven't asked for the CCA as RW haven't made contact.

Initially when the debt was managed by Egg Credit card I reached an amicable agreement with them , and when Barclaycard took over they said that they weren't concerning themselves with it and that "somebody would probably be in touch at some point" so I never bothered with the CCA request.

Might be lucky, and they can't find the original agreement, but I bet they fob you off with a recon, and attempt to force you to pay using that!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

might be an idea to fire off an SAR to Barclays.

robbersway don't buy debts

but their parent company hoist/HPH2 do.

CCA to robbersway yes .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

old & new threads merged.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, the letter mentioned hoist portfolio with robbersways doing the donkey work.

Thanks dx100uk, I just want to get as much leg work done and ready for when they come calling.

So, SAR TO Barclays and I'll wait for them to get in touch and then cca.

CCA them. Its unlikely theyll have the original from 2000 but Barclaycard did microcache a fair few of them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Sev,

We gave advice about reclaiming penalty charges and other action nearly 6 years ago.

Did you follow any advice from post #4 or not.

Hi Slick, no at the time I didn't.

I was concentrating on reclaiming my Abbey National charges back then and sorry to say failed miserably due to my own fault in not getting the court pack ready properly. That kind of put me off back then.

I have all my statements from abbey from that era still. More as a reminder on the cost of not doing it right.

I have a very different head on my shoulders now.

Not to worry, it's done now, time to strap on your boxing gloves and start hitting back.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Sev,

But do you have BC statements going back to when you were being charged penalty fees ?

If so, how far back were you paying penalty fees ?

• 1 month later...

Sorry Slick, I haven't been on the forum for a while. I have subsidence to worry about on top of everything else, and the insurance company is trying to avoid paying out. As if Mrs sev' dimentia and Parkinson's wasn't enough.... but either way that's a thread on its own.

I have statements going back to 2002 for all my cards and for my abbey overdraft as was.

Update...

Sar was sent to Barclay card but as yet no reply, I'll give. It another week and chase.

However this morning I get a letter forwarded to me.

Barclaycard had sent a copy of the notification letter to an address I had in the past, which was not linked to any of my barclaycard accounts.

Very interesting mr bond.

I have yet to have Robinson way make contact.

hey take care

you've enough on your plate me thinks

slowly catchy monkey

and they

Hi Sev,

I understand - you need to deal with what's important to you at any given time.

However, BC cases have been a bit unique in that BC have continued to repay penalty charges plus compound interest despite defending the court action all the way to just before the final hearing.

If you have the time or inclination to take BC to court, let us know and we'll offer all the support and advice that we can.

Thanks slick123, I may well do that.

So today's update is that Robinson Way have just made contact.

First letter with notice of assignment and asking me to make contact with usual sabre rattling about arrears etc.

The intresting thing is this...

The card was taken out back when I still lived at home with parents, so, original account, as the bc account and all others were taken out at that address.

Now, this correspondence has been sent to my and mrs sev's address.

So they have obviously done a credit search or whatever, as we are not on the roll.

My first instinct is to request the cca then see where it goes from there.