Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Site Team slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2007

Default Re: Barclaycard selling off old Egg Credit Card to Robinson Way

Hi Sev,

But do you have BC statements going back to when you were being charged penalty fees ?

If so, how far back were you paying penalty fees ?

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Sev Novitiate Sev's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Sorry Slick, I haven't been on the forum for a while. I have subsidence to worry about on top of everything else, and the insurance company is trying to avoid paying out. As if Mrs sev' dimentia and Parkinson's wasn't enough.... but either way that's a thread on its own.

I have statements going back to 2002 for all my cards and for my Abbeyicon overdraft as was.

Update...
    SARicon was sent to Barclay card but as yet no reply, I'll give. It another week and chase.

However this morning I get a letter forwarded to me.

Barclaycard had sent a copy of the notification letter to an address I had in the past, which was not linked to any of my barclaycard accounts.

Very interesting mr bond.

I have yet to have Robinson way make contact.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

hey take care
    you've enough on your plate me thinks
    slowly catchy monkey

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2007

Hi Sev,

I understand - you need to deal with what's important to you at any given time.

However, BC cases have been a bit unique in that BC have continued to repay penalty charges plus compound interest despite defending the court action all the way to just before the final hearing.

If you have the time or inclination to take BC to court, let us know and we'll offer all the support and advice that we can.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Thanks slick123, I may well do that.

So today's update is that Robinson Way have just made contact.

First letter with notice of assignment and asking me to make contact with usual sabre rattling about arrears etc.

The intresting thing is this...

The card was taken out back when I still lived at home with parents, so, original account, as the bc account and all others were taken out at that address.

Now, this correspondence has been sent to my and mrs sev's address.

So they have obviously done a credit search or whatever, as we are not on the roll.

My first instinct is to request the cca then see where it goes from there.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

you should be on the roll
    not being on voters is a stupid idea
    only hurts your credit rating more..

it might be worthy to send the CCA Requesticon yes.

not only for the fact of forcing the production of an enforceable CCA
    but to legally inform a creditor you've moved.

its not a good idea to run away from debt and hide
    you leave yourself and your mrs if this applies to her too [going by the no voters]
    to backdoor CCJ's that you don't know about so cant defend against

the days of running and hiding are long gone, and to be honest
    a very old wives tail that should never have been suggested by any forum .

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Oh I couldn't agree more.
    It was actually Mrs S who opted out of the roll as she had issues a long time ago with a previous ex who was not the nicest of people.
    - but that was a very long time ago.

Sorry, I should clarify, we're both on voters, but not on the public register.

And no, I don't do running and hiding.

The credit rating to be fair is the last of my troubles at the moment.
    It's been shot for years, and will be until I clear all of my debts, which will not be for years!

defaulted dates are the clue.
    sorry for the wrong idea on voters
    no harm in not going public.
    sorry

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

No problem.

So date wise it goes like this;

Payment arrangement with Eggicon which was maintained right through to barclaycard taking on all egg card business (2012?). Iirc I started the payment arrangement with them around end of 2005 into 2006.

At that point a new card number was assigned along with notification that barclaycard were now in charge.

I rang barclaycard to discuss arrangement and to see about getting payment details for such.

Barclaycard collections said that someone would be in touch in due course as they 'had nothing to do with this at the time'

I continued to make payments to the old egg banking details I had until I heard something back.

Since by 2014 I had heard nothing I stopped the payments.

The next contact was this one with barclaycard informing me that they have sold everything to hoist- ironically for probably a pittance of their worth.

So I've never really defaulted on a payment arrangement as far as I was concerned.

Would I be right in thinking that barclaycard have written off the debt and anything that hoist make over and above what they have paid is all profit for them?

Royalties Account Holder renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2010

Have you CCA'd them?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details