• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cannot return smart TV that's not fit for purpose

tobyspencer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I ordered a Hisense 50" 4K TV from Argos on Monday and it arrived yesterday.

After playing with it for a few hours,

setting it up to my standards and getting to grips with all the functions,

I discovered that the satellite EPG is all but missing.

All it shows is 'No programme' until I click onto a channel,

at which point it fills in the current programme and sometimes the following one too.

This is absolutely useless.

The whole point of an EPG is that you can easily see what's on without having to tune to each and every channel first.

It also makes the PVR function useless as you can't schedule a recording when it's not showing in the EPG.

I did some research (which I should have done before I bought it)

and it seems the lack of an EPG is a known issue and is down to Hisense refusing to pay for a license.

They also have no plans to do so in the future.

This means the satellite tuner is effectively useless.

The only reason I bought this TV was so that I could ditch my Sky box and use the tuner in the TV to pick up the free satellite channels and the PVR function to record shows.

Without an EPG I'm stuck using my old Sky box.

I suppose I could buy a proper Freesat box (or even get Freesat from Sky) but I was really hoping to reduce the number of remotes I have to deal with too. This TV was going to have everything in one nice little package; TV, PVR, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix. Bah humbug.

I contacted Argos and was told that I can't return it because it's used and technically isn't faulty.

Here's an extract of the transcript from my conversation with them:

Dylan (17:19:03 GMT) : I can see that this is a smart TV.

I'm afraid that with devices such as this, we cannot accept a return due to our security policies.

However, if the item is faulty then you could take it into our store to have it repaired.

Visitor (17:21:25 GMT) : It's not something that can be repaired. Hisense have admitted that the EPG is down to their reluctance to pay for it and they have no intention of ever doing so. It's not a mechanical fault that can be repaired, it's just not fit for purpose.

Dylan (17:23:01 GMT) : Then this is not something we can assist with as the item does need to be faulty. The lack of an EPG by manufacturer's choice would not be considered a fault.

I've had another look through the description of the TV on the Argos site and it actually doesn't mention the satellite tuner;

it's not something they boast about for obvious reasons,

so it's not really a selling point as such.

One thing it does mention though is 'Freeview Play digital tuner'.

I did a little digging and it seems Freeview Play is a blend of Freeview and Catchup services in one convenient EPG.

This is also missing (yes, it has the latest firmware).

Even if it was there, I can't use it as my signal isn't strong enough.

I have a communal aerial which only picks up about 12 channels and none of them in HD which is why I purposely got a TV with a satellite tuner.

Can anyone tell me what my options are?

Thanks in advance.

Toby

did you order this online?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, which I also told the chap from Argos.

BTW, I did some more research and I needed to do a factory reset in order for the latest firmware to actually 'kick in' and show the new Freeview Play EPG. I get a few more channels now, but the main HD channels are still missing, so I can't use it.

as you ordered online

you have 14 days to trial it as you couldn't inspect it in store like a normal shop

they cannot refuse a full refund.

and they

Hey good result

Dx

and they