Late payment charges

the kid's mum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

Not been on here for a while, I am seeking your advice and thoughts.

Sadly my husband passed away a while ago and I am just in the process of sorting out his paperwork. I have come across some old credit card statements with late charges and was wondering if I should start the process of claiming back the charges.

I did this a while ago on 1 or 2 of my old cards, which bore success and remember that I listed charges that were older than 6 years.

In my letter, I could state that as they were my late husbands I was not aware of them and as I am administering his estate etc. Also tbh, we were in financial hardship at the point of the charges being applied. I would also like some retribution on his behalf as he did work hard and did get most of the debts paid off.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks TKM

always worth a go

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How much will the charges? If there were more than £12 then yes you should certainly go and get them plus all the interest, plus any other penalties that he might have paid as a result. Additionally, you should go through everything very carefully and see if you can spot any PPI premiums. If you see that any PPI has been paid on any of these things then you will probably be able to claim that back as well and that could end up to a lot of money

Tell us what you find and we will help you.