style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm not upto speed in this area so need a little advice.

I'll keep it brief and bullet pointed.

My daughter and her partner rented a flat from Apr 16 to Sept 16. Moved out and each moved back to parents homes.

Updated with council tax online to advise of moving and re registering on electoral register. (i know this happened as i did it for them!)

Forwarding addresses given at that time, proved as the CTU quoted the new address during a call today!

Today my daughter received a letter from Marstons demanding £212, no other communication from anyone until this, hence the reason for calling CTU today, they say speak to Marstons.

so, the question is, how can i get the CTU to take the account back given they had no idea any money was owed, no liability order received etc.

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

Martin

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

complaint to the council ceo

notice of proposed liability order should have been sent as they knew the correct address.?

could have all been avioded

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Exactly, could have easily been avoided and given they had a forwarding address, very underhand.

My daughter has until 4th July to either pay or expect a visit which will generate a further £235 to be added. I doubt writing to the CEO would stop that from happening but if it remained unresolved after that date and a visit happened can that be removed from the account or do i need to take action to have a sooner resolution?

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

1st thing tomorrow.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If there was anything owing then rightly thats due. The issue is the CTU were given a forwarding address but did not use it, as far as i know all correspondence was sent to the address they had moved from, thats what i find underhand.

CEO will be emailed/letter sent first thing with request to suspend any further bailiff action until issue resolved.

Does anybody have an email address for the new CEO joanne roney at manchester city council?

Is Manchester a Capita infested council? That might explain the reasons. Definitely as advised by others complaint to CEO.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Does anybody have an email address for the new CEO joanne roney at manchester city council?

My personal feeling is that this is not a matter for the CEO of the Council. The enquiry is a simple one for the Council Tax billing department to address. A simple telephone calls from your daughter should be able to resolve the problem.

That simple phone call BA resulted in confirmation that the CTU already had the new forwarding address yet my daughter was still told that they could do nothing and to contact Marstons.

Sorry but that isnt good enough and warrants a complaint to the top.

That simple phone call BA resulted in confirmation that the CTU already had the new forwarding address yet my daughter was still told that they could do nothing and to contact Marstons.

Sorry but that isnt good enough and warrants a complaint to the top.

I do apologise, I hadn't realised that the council had confirmed that they had received a forwarding address. If so, then this is very sloppy behaviour by the council.

For information the email address for the new CEO at manchester city council is below:

[email protected]

Ms Roney became CEO on April 1st 2017 and replaces Sir Howard Bernstein

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter received a full apology from the CEO office this morning.

The CTU accepted they had failed to update the new address and that no action was taken to try to send the due bill to the forwarded address.

The net result is that the CTU have taken the account back from Marstons and removed both the bailiff fees and the LO fee, leaving my daughter with a final bill of £8:31 to pay which has now been paid.

Thanks fo the help guys, daughter is delighted that common sense has prevailed.

Excellent stuff Martin, at least they sorted it and didn't try to crawl out of it stonewall and continue to enforce like some councils would; especially some with a Capita infestation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!