Thomas Cook changed my return flight without notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife and a friend went to Corfu for a week long soul festival (music not heart and soul).

The flights and transfers only were booked through Thomas Cook Airlines, the return flight was at 19.00 with the transfer collection time at 15.45.

So they got the transfer to the airport at 15.45 as arranged but when they got to the airport the flight time had been changed to 15.15 so they missed their flight.

They spoke to the TC rep who said it was their fault for not checking flight times and they had been sent an Email in Dec 2006 changing the flight times,

On returning home she checked her emails and had not had one changing times and also the transfer to the airport had not been notified either.

We know of at least 2 other groups with the same problems.

They had to pay again for flights at 03.00 and for meals and train tickets back in uk ,also had to miss a days work due to being up all night.

Thomas Cook airlines are denying all responsibility and saying it was our job to check they are doing there job as promised by them.

What should be my next steps and do they have a leg to stand on??

Tony

ABTA Customer Support - Travel & holiday complaints - ABTA - ABTA

https://abta.com/holiday-help-and-complaints/abta-customer-support

If you've got a complaint about a holiday, find out how ABTA can help you.

also maybe compenstaion as well for delayed return due to their ignorance (alledged) never known so many complaints as we hear about Thomas cook airlines how do they exist?

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

also check their booking terms etc as they must state reconfirm, + any change must be notified to you, surely they even had a local rep whos job would be to inform you part of customer service???

although reconfirmation in most airlines is not needed these days only certain ones as I found doing far east flights, where reconfirming can be a bog headed ache in contacting local airline offices from middle of nowhere

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

They spoke to the TC rep who said it was their fault for not checking flight times and they had been sent an Email in Dec 2006 changing the flight times = 2006???????????

Ah, you spotted the deliberate mistake, was 2016. will look at ABTA site, thanks for info.