cuteypaula1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Going up the wall with this! They finally made adjustments and paid us some money back because they said my husband should have not had a MIF in place, then they retracted that and said he should!

Now, i returned to self employment in april after maternity leave, income will be low until i get going again, between my husband and i we have less than £500 this month and they are paying us nothing. i have a MIF of £600 set even though i was told i would not have one as i have a baby....any advice, i cant pay rent , council tax etc :(

Hello,

I am wondering whether you have used the complaints process at all?

Have you spoken to your local MP?

Can you ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration of the Decision - with a view to taking the DWP to the Social Security Tribunal?

I haven't had any dealings with UC for over 12 months sorry, but from my understanding as the lead carer your will not be set a MIF until your child turns 1, however if your husband was self employed prior to the claim then he will have a MIF set. Have you been in to see someone on the UC team who is not actually a Work Coach so it could be a PASA (personal and account support agent) but they may have to call the main service centre hotline for advice during the interview as they don't usually get involved in this type of enquiry and work coaches only deal with the work related items.

I'm really sorry I can't help with this any more as I have been out of the loop for too long

Can anyone explain please.

For example, a self employed person has a MIF set of £1001

If he earns below this then the UC award is still calculated based on the £1001

If he earns above this then the UC award is calculated based on actual earnings.

So....are you telling me that if he earns above £1001 then he will get UC awarded? It makes no sense and google does not clarify - nor do the DWP.

If he was earning above £1001 then he likely would not need UC help!

• 6 months later...

Hi

I will try to make this as short as i can.

My husband and i are both self employed but Claim Universal credits.

We have a 16 month old baby.

Since returning to work after maternity my income has been bad, i barely earn anything despite my efforts....all whilst caring for my baby.

My husband only earns around £1000 per month if that.

So, my question is, if i decided my business was no longer viable what would happen?

I am at a loss as to what to do, i dont want to give up my business but we are struggling and they wont offer any more help :(