Drinking whilst on holiday could invalidate your Insurances, says...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Martin Lewis of MSE.

Listening to the radio whilst in the car and Martin Lewis was being interviewed - he mentioned that if you even have one drink whilst on holiday, it could invalidate any insurance claim..

I did a googly when I got home and yep... he says it again HERE

If you've had even ONE drink, it can invalidate any claim

10: Many people aren't aware that if they have an alcoholic drink on holiday, and lose something or have an accident, their insurance may not cover them – even if they were only a bit tipsy. Insurers all have different interpretations – ranging in T&Cs from 'drinking too much' to 'approx four pints' to 'alcoholic abuse'.

In practice, what most say is that it's all about if the drink has affected your decision-making ability. As we all have different tolerances, for some this could mean that just one drink could invalidate a claim.

It's also been reported that some insurers have gone as far as testing blood samples for your alcohol level (although we wonder how this works in practice) but this varies from policy to policy.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If travelling within the EU, wise to get an EHIC card, which enables use of a countries public health service. Just make sure that people you are with, know that if anyone is injured after drinking that they get taken to a publicly owned Doctors or Hospital. Do not allow any hotel to call an Ambulance, as most hotels have private arrangements with private hospitals and they will not call the local public health services ambulance. You might decide to find out the public health service emergency number local to where you are staying and to keep this just in case anyone needed this.

If you get taken to a private hospital with an injury caused after drinking, you might find that the insurers don't pay the bill and any EHIC card will not assist you either. You will then be faced with a large debt and possible court action in the UK to pay the amount due.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have just watch him on his itv program and he clearly said yes it COULD but it depends on how much u have drunk. 1 would not but if you was in a state or very drunk and have a acvident mislay something then yes it could be making it invalid. A EHIC does not cover everything indurannce does.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.