Pandora sent wrong item, charging me to return it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

@PANDORA_UK

Hi there, I would like some advice please.

Last week I purchased a 'Abundance Of Love' ring from Pandora UK on their online store for my daughters 16th birthday which is this coming Thursday.

The cost in the sale was £19 plus £5 delivery.

Today I received a parcel from Pandora.

In the parcel is my invoice for the ring at £19 and delivery £5.

However in the parcel there were two jewellery boxes.

One had a necklace and pendant in.

The other had 5 x Pandora charms in.

After looking on the website I estimate the cost of this order around £300-£350.

I like to think I am an honest person and although my dispatch note only said the ring I thought its only fair I ring and tell them about their error.

I called and explained I ordered a £19 ring and have received over £300 of jewellery.

They said once I send the jewellery back to them they will dispatch my ring.

I said is there anyway around this as I would like the ring for my daughters birthday on Thursday.

(ok its only £19 but should have been £45 - money is tight at the moment and this was going to be a special present for her)

He put me on hold and said he spoke to his manager and no they couldnt do anything until I sent the parcel back.

I said ok is a courier coming to collect it.

He then said no you need to take it to the post office tomorrow and send it back to us recorded delivery!

I kept very polite and said I rang you and was 100% honest when I could have just kept quiet and kept all this jewellery and now you are telling me that I have to take time out of work tomorrow to go into town to the postoffice and I have to pay to return it.

He said yes or we cannot send out your original ring order.

I asked to speak to management but suddenly no one was available.

He said someone would call me right back but no one has.

Am I right in being extremely angry that this is their mistake yet I have to pay for it?

Can they make me?

Am I within my rights to refuse to post it back at my expense?

I am more then happy to have a courier come and collect it but I work from home and cannot easily get out to town for the postoffice during the week.

I am so upset that I did the honest decent thing and now I am going to be out of pocket and my daughter will not have her birthday present.

Any advice is appreciated.

thank you

nothing

its CRA now.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would write them a formal letter telling them that they have sent you the wrong items and that you have XXX item and ZZZ item in your possession and that you are storing them for them and that they should make arrangements to have them collected and also to pay your storage costs which are 50p per day.

Tell them that you will keep the items in good condition but if they take no action to collect them then after six months you will consider they are abandoned and you will sell them.

Tell them also that in addition to the 50p per day you require the item you actually ordered delivered to you as per the order without any further charge. Send them that letter by special next day delivery – and then go find something somewhere else.

You bought online and should rely on Distance Selling Regs

What does that mean?

Distance selling Regulations is covered by the The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014 not the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I agree with BankFodder : doing as he suggests will mean they can't accuse you of unlawfully keeping their property (and if they don't collect it in 6 months it becomes yours!).

Daft of them to suggest you send it back recorded delivery ; firstly as you shouldn't have to be put to the trouble or expense, secondly as recorded delivery isn't "fully tracked" at every stage of its journey, and thirdly as the items wouldn't be insured for their full value.

My only concern is that in order to send the letter Special Delivery would itself mean a journey to the post office!

Is there someone who can go to the Post Office for you (with the letter, not the £300 of jewellery!)

Have you checked if there is a branch (often "in a local shop") open late (many to 8 pm!) near you?

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/branch-finder

I presume someone, somewhere is unhappy that they've paid £300 odd for a necklace, pendant, and 5 charms, been charged for it, received the invoice for it but found only a £19/£45 ring in their delivery....

(A "cross over" of orders with 2 orders involved seems more likely than a "picking error" affecting one delivery only as the number of packages in the outer box differs)

I hope PandoraUK see the twitter post, follow it to this thread & then do the right thing: in terms not only of stopping being daft and

A) expecting you to sort this out / pay the costs,

B) not providing your daughter's present in time & for the sale price agreed.

I have a friend who had always had excellent service from PandoraUK.

She had a problem with one of their bracelets and one of their staff was having a bad day / needed more training / was 'digging their heels in'. They refused to help her.

(I know this because I saw her social media posts!). She "isn't the sort to make a drama over nothing", so the fact she felt compelled to warn her friends wouldn't be taken lightly by those who know her.

Result : one upset customer, and lots of friends thinking "I'd think twice of shopping there!).

My friend persisted, escalating the complaint. It took months, and finally got sorted.

How much custom they lost in the interval : who knows.

How many people who read the initial posts but didn't catch the update saying it got resolved & who would avoid that retailer still : who knows.

So, @Pandora_UK, if you catch this on your Twitter feed:

From a legal, commercial, and customer service point of view, do the right thing, sort this out, and get the young lady her 16th birthday present!.

Stacey, please do update your thread should Pandora come to their senses.

I do hope your daughter receives her gift in time.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

UPDATE:

A manager from Pandora called me the day after and apologised. She said I had been given the wrong information - returns are free but I still have to go and drop it off at a local UPS access point. I don't mind - there is one very close and is open until 11pm.

The bad news is the ring I originally ordered is now out of stock. They are sending me a refund once they have received this jewellery back and are also sending my daughter a leather jewellery box as a token of goodwill.

They said they would email me a returns label but I have not yet received this so until I do the jewellery will sit on my shelf waiting.

thank you for all your replies. If I do not get the returns label by the end of the week I will write to them again and inform them I have done all I can to try and return the jewellery and that it is now waiting there should they wish to collect it.

thanks again

Stacey

It is not the kind of customer service you would expect from such a well known and popular brand. Let us hope at least you receive the Jewellery box as a gesture of good will - although sadly that is just another way of attempting to shut you down and couldn't be further from a goodwill gesture if they tried... sigh !!

I am in training to become a cynic !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D