Paid a premium for EU Roaming included in Monthly Allowance, but now it's free...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I took out a two year contract with EE, in September 2016, on their 4GEE Max Plan, for £45.99 per month. That plan was £5 per month more than the one below it, as it allowed you to use your call and data allowance whilst in the EU.

Awesome! Except that when I took out the contract, I was unaware that everyone would be getting EU roaming within their price plans on the 15th June 2017!

Called EE and basically it's hard cheese. The only thing they will do is move me to one of their new 4GEE Max Plans and have allowance calls in USA, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand for an additional £2 per month.

Personally, I think it's a bit rough. In my eyes the contract has changed significantly and I'm not getting everything I was paying for.

What does everyone else think?

Your contract hasn't changed significantly.... rather, others that didn't include EEA roaming have changed. You are still getting what you paid for : your grumble shouldn't be you aren't getting what you pay for, just that others that didn't use to get it included and pay less now get it for free.

If you'd taken the contract out almost 2 years ago I'd have said "tough".

But (in September 2016) EE should have known they'd be introducing EEA 'Roam at Home'.

From a contractual point of view you are getting what you agreed to, so I doubt you have a remedy in law. However, appeal to EE and their sense of commercial sensibility : ask them to suggest a solution that won't leave you feeling sufficiently put out that you'll leave the minute you can do so without penalty .....