• Tweets

• Thats because this claim has not been allocated as yet hence the above hearing *Case Management " to determine the directions (N157 Notice of allocation) which will follow after this hearing. You are not requested to submit a statement but have all the details with you (claim form defence CPR CCA etc etc)   Andy
    • Our price is the same all day, but varies day to day. Yes there's a risk of high prices but it has never gone above SVR any time since I signed up. Last 30 days average 17.67p/kWh, max 20.67 and lowest was 11.83.  It saved just under £300 during 2023.  
    • It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Finsbury Park, London 'Several hurt' as vehicle hits pedestrians

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finsbury Park: 'Several hurt' as vehicle hits pedestrians

A vehicle has struck pedestrians "leaving a number of casualties" in north London, police said.

One person was arrested following the incident on Seven Sisters Road in Finsbury Park.

Officers were called at 00.20 BST and remain at the scene, the Metropolitan Police said, describing it as a "major incident".

READ MORE HERE: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40322960

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Sad that the police and government are trying to say it's a terrorist incident when it's not.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sad that the police and government are trying to say it's a terrorist incident when it's not.

Horrible as these incidents are, I agree.

Terrorist incident and even major incident are being used purely for political advantage in an attempt to manipulate public sentiment

Major Incident

A major incident is any emergency that requires the implementation of special

arrangements by one or all of the emergency services, the NHS or the local

authority for one or more of the following:

• The rescue and transportation of a large number of casualties:

• The involvement either directly or indirectly of large numbers of people;

• The handling of a large number of enquiries likely to be generated from the

public and the news media, usually to the police;

• The mobilisation and organisation of the emergency services and supporting

organisations, e.g. local authorities, to cater for the threatof death, serious

injury or homelessness to a large number of people.

• The large-scale deployment of the combined resources of the emergency

services;

Civil Emergency

Local Resilience Forum defines an emergency in accordance with the Civil

Contingencies Act 2004 (CCA 2004). An emergency is defined in the Act as:

• An event or situation which threatens serious damage to human welfare in a

place in the UK;

• An event or situation which threatens serious damage to the environment of

a place in the UK; or

• War or terrorism which threatens serious damage to the security of the UK.

Additionally to constitute an emergency, an event or situation must also pose

a considerable test for an organisation’s ability to perform its functions. The

two tests detailed in the guidance to Part 1 of the CCA 2004 ‘Emergency

Preparedness’ are:

• Where the emergency would be likely to seriously obstruct the organisations

ability to perform its functions.

• Where the Category 1 responder would consider it necessary or desirable to

act to prevent, reduce, control or mitigate the emergency’s effects, or

otherwise take action; and

• Would be unable to act without changing the deployment of its resources or

acquiring additional resources.

Now the Grenfell Tower fire should unquestionably be described as a Major incident and a civil emergency

.. as well corporate and political manslaughter.

webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20140122145147/http:/www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Exhibit-CCCS15.pdf

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

It's politically correct to say that a (apparently) white man attacking Muslims is terrorism.

Calling it a serious crime would be an insult (again, apparently).

I'm not too good with this PC madness even if I really tried hard to understand it at one point.

Nowadays I just laugh at anyone calling a blind man v.i.p.

(my blind friend instead gets absolutely mad about it)

Why do you think that you know better?

It did seem odd to me, but if the crime was to deliberately target people based on their likely religion, then that might be interpreted under criminal law as being an act of terrorism.

If they did not judge it in this way, then this would contradict other recent crimes where a vehicle was used to kill multiple people.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

To put these atrocities, terrible and abhorrent as they are in perspective

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/world/europe/paris-champs-elysees-car.html?emc=edit_mbe_20170620&nl=morning-briefing-europe&nlid=80833938&te=1

Although this is again one man with a van, I think most would consider this an act of terrorism ...

... but let me ask you all to think further:

If this; rather than a violent political activist; ACTUALLY turned out to be a criminal who thought the police were about to stop him in a stolen vehicle with materials intended for an armed robbery, and he is the sort who would do anything to get away without a moments thought for others (like many so called 'joy riders' who steal cars in the UK), would you still consider it an act of terrorism?

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Definition of terrorism:

The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

This crazy guy didn't have any political interest, he drove the van into a group of Muslims because he doesn't like them.

So I think he's an islamophobic criminal but not a terrorist.

The authorities stated that this was an act of terrorism exclusively for political correctness

Definition of terrorism:

The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

This crazy guy didn't have any political interest, he drove the van into a group of Muslims because he doesn't like them.

So I think he's an islamophobic criminal but not a terrorist.

The authorities stated that this was an act of terrorism exclusively for political correctness

Groan.

It doesn't matter how some online dictionary defines it as. What matters is what constitutes terrorism in law.

The Terrorism Act 2000 states that terrorism means (amongst other things) the use or threat of action where ''the use or threat is made for the purpose of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause.''

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/11/section/1

Groan.

It doesn't matter how some online dictionary defines it as. What matters is what constitutes terrorism in law.

The Terrorism Act 2000 states that terrorism means (amongst other things) the use or threat of action where ''the use or threat is made for the purpose of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause.''

Groan

So that means if I say:

I believe in the rights of the individual to seek happiness and well being, and would fight to defend that right'

I could be arrested as a terrorist ...

That is an 'ideology' and a 'threat of action'

So would constitute 'terrorism' under that law as defined.

The NEW Tory proposals are so imbalanced that literally someone could say -

'I really believe in my morning run and nobody better get in my way'

WHAT!!!

Thats terrorism your spouting there - arrest her and throw her in jail - no court needed, No need to tell anybody.

Its one of those muddily defined laws that could be used on anyone for anything.

The Tory Legacy

Groan.

You do realise that the government have changed the meanign of the word terrorism in THEIR eyes, to suit whatever they like.

It wasnt terrorism. At all. It was a lone idiot trying to kill people. That makes him a murderer. Not a terrorist.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You do realise that the government have changed the meanign of the word terrorism in THEIR eyes, to suit whatever they like.

No I don't reliase that because the Government didn't and doesn't change anything. It's Parliament (the collective of elected members of all parties) who makes and amends laws. That's why they're called Acts of Parliament and not Acts of Government.

No I don't reliase that because the Government didn't and doesn't change anything. It's Parliament (the collective of elected members of all parties) who makes and amends laws. That's why they're called Acts of Parliament and not Acts of Government.

But cjregg, our Government tends to have a majority in Parliament.

So in practice it is commonly the governments say whatever anyone else believes is right or wrong.

Hence all the ruckus about May NOT having a majority to push through her abhorrent social 'reforms'.

If May had achieved her expected Majority, they would have been pushed though against massive opposition.

Now I think Laws should require a minimum 66% majority for being passed.

ie The support of a significant majority of the members of Parliament,

NOT a simple majority.

The Tory Legacy

let us differentiate between the government and parliament and also remind tobyjugg of 18th-19th century history. Government are the ministers of the Crown. These are these days appointed by the Prime Minister and are obviously political appointments. Ministers do not have to be elected MP's they are ofen members of the Lords and can even be people with no connection to parliament but that is are these days ( Charlie Falconer got the job and was made a Lord to give a fig leaf to the appointment).

MP's usually vote with their party and are given a three line whip if it is somehting the Govt want s to push through but there is a risk of dissent or wavering. Jeremy Corbyn has dissented more than any other MP in history when it comes to whipping in.

On matters of conscience MP's are given a free vote but these still fall into tribal lines on things like fox hunting buit hve resuklted in legislation abolishing hanging and allowing gay marriage. The arguments about requiring a 66% majority just dont hold water, it is first past the post for getting elected and doesnt occur in any other parliament in the world. Also, govts dont push through bills against "massive" opposition, they lose those votes or drop the matter during the debate in the cahmber. Occasionally things fail in the house of lords, which is supposedly a revising chamber. An equally valid voting requireent would be for any bill to be passed on the proportion of the electorate who voted the party of govt in so only 48% of the house would need to vote in favour. Now a similar PR voting system was tried out in Weimar germany and becuase No business got through the chamber Hitler offered to temporarily take an executive role under Hindenburg to help ease the logjam and we all know how that worked out.

Our parliament used to have alliances of friends rather than political parties as such so governments changed or fell more frequently during the 18th and early 19th centuries as people fell out, forgd new friendships and alliances but this did not eam an election was called every time somehting when wrong and nor was the system of simple majority ever even discussed.

PR and qualified voting only seeems to be favoured by people who cant get their own way by using the system we have. This suggests that the system works

let us differentiate between the government and parliament and also remind tobyjugg of 18th-19th century history.

Government are the ministers of the Crown.

These are these days appointed by the Prime Minister and are obviously political appointments.

Also, govts dont push through bills against "massive" opposition, they lose those votes or drop the matter during the debate in the cahmber.

Now a similar PR voting system was tried out in Weimar germany and becuase No business got through the chamber

I fail to see your point ericsbrother

Ministers of the crown in name only. They are political appointments. Full stop.

History?

What about Normans, Romans etc

Of course governments/Parties in control push through bills against massive opposition. I'm not going to dig out a few hundred examples where bills got through 'by a whisker', but just consider why May is supposedly working so hard for 10 yes just 10 DUP votes.

One link as an example

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/06/brexit-bill-must-not-be-obstructed-theresa-may-tells-mps

"However, the House of Commons opposed a Labour amendment that would have forced May to make regular reports back to parliament every two months by 333 to 284 – a majority of 49 for the government."

without splitting semantic hairs - the government got their way despite massive opposition of only a little under half of parliament.

If all that very hard to read stuff was to make the point that our system works? - well obviously it works, just as Hitlers (your reference) method worked very effectively for Hitlers party. It took immense effort to overcome him.

Doesn't mean it works well or can't and shouldn't be improved though does it?

The Tory Legacy

the referred to amendment was defeated by votes of people who werent in the governing party

as for history, neither the romans nor normans had a parliament in England so not applicable or relevant. So, you have to refer to times when ministers were advisers to the monarh, how Charles I thought he was above all that and then the creation of parliament in is current state developed from the riegn of Charles II but properly from the time of GeoIII The point is they are answerable to the country and the monarch in the triple compact laid out in the Bill of Rights of 1689, which in itself was a restatement of the rights and obligations of the crown, parliamnt and the people. The only group that fails to understand this when they should appears to be Grauniad writers and they of course are beyond reproach because they say they are.

Your real beef seems to be that the losing side dont get as much of a say as the winning side and this is important because you support the losing side. Well, I dont agree with how the system works much either but there isnt a better one to replace it with. Your reference to "massive opposition" is again a misnomer and the majority was a margin of 10%, which is greater than the difference in the proportion of the popular vote between the various parties that represent us.

In all governments of the 1970's the party with the most seats had such a slender majority deals had to be done to get business done but all governments at the time also had a minority of the popular vote. Tony Blairs landslide victory still didnt carry the majority of the popular vote in England and he needed all of the 50+ Scottish MP's, elected by a minority of a minority to bulldoze his will upon the house but you dont find people whinging that was unfair, it was reported as the largest labour victory etc when it didnt really represent the electorate at all. Gordon Brown had a minority govt and had to do deals with the DUP but failed miserably to get what he wanted as did Callaghan and Heath and they were after 5 or even 2 votes so 10 is not such a figure of derision as you would wish to make it.

Labour got more votes this time round than Blair's gretaest day but there again the tories got more votes than they have ever had but a slimmed down number of MP's. That is political life, they accept it but for some reason the Grauniad cant quite get their head around the concept of MAJORITY rule in a first past the post election system.

I have commented on PR before so I dont need to remind you that if we had that electoral system we would have 15 SNP MP's, 10 UKIP 5 Greens and 2 BNP members with proportionally more tories than labour anyway (312-273) Fancy that?

Your real beef seems to be that the losing side dont get as much of a say as the winning side and this is important because you support the losing side. Well, I dont agree with how the system works much either but there isnt a better one to replace it with. Your reference to "massive opposition" is again a misnomer and the majority was a margin of 10%, which is greater than the difference in the proportion of the popular vote between the various parties that represent us.

Wrong.

My beef is that a relatively small majority (in fact only ONE single vote) can progress controversial issues which a large proportion of our elected representatives oppose.

That differential (10%) is not enough in my opinion. So a differential of 1 - 2 (LESS than 1%) as has occurred on a number of occasions - certainly doesn't.

The example I gave was a quite common one, not in any way as striking as many, but still shows that on diametrically opposed votes, a first past the post result shows up the dramatic flaws and faults in such a system.

For example: Politicians have often used the techniques of hiding salient points in reams of waffle to sneak a controversial point through hoping people miss it..

The Tory Legacy