Car Mileage wrong?

vengeancedemon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last Autumn I sold my car no problem with that, But just noticed a for sale ad on Ebay for the engine ( ok so he's breaking it) but it states the engine mileage is 120000 and clocks working. Now at the time of selling the mileometer had stopped at about 198000 several months earlier and I am sure I put about another 9-10000 miles on, whilst the engine was good it had clocked over 200000 miles, Should I make any mention of this or is it now not my concern?

It's not really your concern, did you put the milage on the V5 when you returned it?, Also the mot should list it too.

In reality the engine may not be the same one that was in the car when you sold it.

Fair enough, but as the car pictured is my old one, I must assume that it is this engine, also have been a few misleading things on previous ads, but as you say not mine anymore, so I will pass it but declared mileage on V5 sale as approx. 210000. Still bloody good for a 20 year old car that would still do 140mph !