Odd dilemma

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Let me start with a little back story.

My son is 3 and disabled

I am his sole carer 24/7 without a break or sleep most if the time.

I have no problem with this as he is my baby and i love him.

But it gives context.

About a month ago it was in Tesco shopping i did self scan and after half an hour of my son having a melt down because of the noise we finally got to the pay bit.

I had just got my card out to pay when a security guard shot over and asked if I had paid for the £4 toy my son was holding.

Now if you have ever experienced a meltdown you can understand I was all over and stressed I had forgotten however I accepted my mistake payed for the item and that was it.

after this I started using the normal checkout so that I have to check everything.

A few weeks later I was shopping with my son again and he picked up and opened a toy.

I put the packaging in the trolley to be paid for.

My son dropped the little toy

i went to the toy part and picked up a new one and put the old one back.

I admit this was stupid but he had screamed for about 20mins about the missing one and my brain was in overload close to tears myself.

I'd paid for the toy and my shopping

the guard (same one) pulled me and my disabled son back to the front desk.

They had spotted me do the swap (pretty sure he was watching me all the time I was in)

I apologised and offered to pay for the old toy and that was it over.

Oh and another guy walked over and threw the packaging at me aggressively.

Safter this I stopped taking my son shopping.

I have my dad drive him around till I'm done.

I'm making the effort.

I've been in everyday since the incident

today a snotty manager pulls me up when I'm put my stuff on the conveyer belt and ask me if i should be in store.

I have him a confused look and he said I had been asked not to return.

This was not the case and I told him I wouldnt have come in if I had been told this.

He called me a list.

i had some nappies for my son and milk for him.

I asked if I could just pay then go.

He said no.

Then threatened me with the police.

After leaving the store my mama bear kicked in as i felt he was attacking my son.

I explained that they are the only store that sells the things my son needs

( he will only have certain milk nappies and food which I can get anywhere else and i dont drive)

he said he didnt care that it was my problem.

I explained about my son and that i had made of not taking him in (which is very hard for my son) and he threatened me again. i said he was discriminating against a disabled child and walked out.

Now I know they can ban whoever they like.

But im sat here terrified I'm going to get arrested and taken away from my son.

He seemed the type totty to be a ... and the security guard is a guy i went to school with who use to bully me.

If the product never left the store can they so anything?

And i paid both times. Also are they discriminating towards my son?

Im prone to panic attacks and I've had 7 today.

Are you asking "if you are likely to face any police action currently"?.

The answer to that is no: you've not committed any theft type offence and even if the store staff felt you might have previously : the police weren't called.

The threats of police for the most recent episode were likely related to them feeling you had been banned and thus were related to them believing you were entering the store as a trespasser where they might have called the police; in such a case the police would attend merely to ensure there was no breach of the peace.

Are you asking "can the store staff ban me, even if I need to go to that store to buy items for my disabled son"?

Yes, they can.

You can appeal to the store manager, or to head office, and/or kick up a storm on social media or the local press, but they can ban who they like, and they can state they have banned you for security reasons (rather than it being s case of discrimination).

Whilst you are trying to get this resolved : can you get those specific items (milk, nappies and goods) via a delivery service (either Tesco or a competitor), or get someone else to get them from the store, so the store staff can't say "well, she came in while she knew she was banned after being told to leave".

Thank you.

I understand the banning but the fact I wasn't told of it upsets me then called a liar infront of a shop full of people.

Also the security guard (who supposedly banned me) only told me i shouldn't bring my disabled son in if he was going to cause problems. I find that offensive.

I have found stores who will deliver the goods needed thank you. I shouldn't worry?

Are you asking "if you are likely to face any police action currently"?.

When you say currently does that mean they may do something in the future even if I dont return to Store?

i'd be writing to the CEO

or embarrass the be-jesus out of them on their twitter feed...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've considered it. But I dont need the hassle. I was going to ask to speak to head manager as I felt the guy I dealt with was on a power trip. Just feel sorry for my poor son who now can't enjoy his weekly trip to the onsite cafe (where the staff adore him) it's the only time we get to do something like that as he won't settle in any other cafe (needs to be familiar) and it took us a year to settle him visiting this one.

ceo letter

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

paid for..

you did nothing wrong!

I've dropped a bottle of milk before now

6ltrs it went everywhere

put it on the shelf staff wre already there

I wasn't banned or made to pay for it!

your kid dropped a toy

its lost in the store

you shouldn't have to pay for it

you did nowt wrong.

instead of hounding you and watching you deal with your kid

they shoul d have offered an assistant to help you shop

not harass you...

disgusting behaviour IMHO Tesco's

sort you act out!!

and they

I have found stores who will deliver the goods needed thank you. I shouldn't worry?

When you say currently does that mean they may do something in the future even if I dont return to Store?

I don't think they'll do anything if you don't return to the store prior to getting the ban rescinded.

In terms of "I shouldn't worry?" ; in general, no, I don't think you have anything to worry about, but if there is still something specific bothering you, ask away & hopefully you'll be able to get some specific reassurance.

It's honestly just that i told the manager on my way out that i should involve the police for them discriminating against a disabled child that's worrying me..he seemed like the type to go out if his way to upset people. So allday I sat shaking hoping the police wouldn't turn up.

I've tweeted this directly to the Tesco customer service department.

I'm especially concerned that the security person apparently knows you from your schooldays and that you didn't get on very well together there. That is the kind of circumstance where the security guard should properly have referred the matter to somebody else and not have gotten involved.

I hope Tesco's will take an interest in this once they see the tweet.

Well nearly a whole working day has passed and absolutely no response from Tesco.